+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Looking for a small / mini cot

Hi ladies,
    I'm looking for a small cot, my baby isn't going to fit in his bassinet for long as he's big and I don't want to put him in his own room yet. We have limited space in our room so need something bigger than a bassinet but smaller than a cot. The length isn't a problem, it's the width that needs to be as narrow as possible. I've found the bloom Alma mini (49.5 x 94.4cm) and Babyhood mini r cot (66 x 105cm) but they're both $400+ and I'm hoping to spend less than $200 as it will only be used for a short time. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've checked gumtree and there are a few of the Bloom Alma ones but only one less than $200 and the seller isn't responding, so looking for something else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've not done any research on term use of them but what about a portacot? That might help to keep in your room for a little longer and would also be handy for when you go away etc.

Obviously you'd need to read up on long term use.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Looking for a small / mini cot

I was given a cradle from a friend that is longer than our bassinet but the same width. It's wooden and rocks slightly. It's at nana's house because she will get use out of it for longer than she would have a bassinet.

I just laid bub in it on top of all the stuff in it to take a pic. Bub is just over 60cm and just over 6kg.

IMG_1494397422.567589.jpg
    Last edited by Baby Girl; 10-05-2017 at 15:23. Reason: Add photo

Thanks
    Reviews
    @JR03 there is someone on my buy swap and sell that is selling a small cot. It's the grotime melody. Here's what they wrote and wants $100. Located in NSW.

Grotime Melody Cot, 18 months old, purchased from Baby Bunting. This cot is a smaller, Euro sized cot with locking wheels that can be set to two levels, infant and toddler, and has a removable side to convert it to a toddler bed. It's smaller than a standard cot so it fits through common 820mm wide doors while assembled and can be moved room to room (we only had aircon in our master bedroom so it was a lifesaver on hot nights!) Fits over a standard (not pillow top) single mattress for room sharing in super tight spaces. Has one mark from teething (pictured) and a couple of minor scuffs but is a very solid, useful cot. Included is five fitted cot sheets (you do not need specialty sheets), a few waterproof mattress protectors, and the mattress. Always used with waterproof protector and we co-slept so it was used more as a temporary toddler containment device than a bed. New mattress (M660S or M660L 1080L x 660D x 100H) can be purchased from local baby stores if you wish. Dimensions are 1170W x 740W x 1080H. Smoke free home with a miniature non-shedding dog. More information here: https://grotime.net/products/cots-an...ets/melody-cot

LEW

Thanks
    Reviews
    @JR03 there is someone on my buy swap and sell that is selling a small cot. It's the grotime melody. Here's what they wrote and wants $100. Located in NSW.

Grotime Melody Cot, 18 months old, purchased from Baby Bunting. This cot is a smaller, Euro sized cot with locking wheels that can be set to two levels, infant and toddler, and has a removable side to convert it to a toddler bed. It's smaller than a standard cot so it fits through common 820mm wide doors while assembled and can be moved room to room (we only had aircon in our master bedroom so it was a lifesaver on hot nights!) Fits over a standard (not pillow top) single mattress for room sharing in super tight spaces. Has one mark from teething (pictured) and a couple of minor scuffs but is a very solid, useful cot. Included is five fitted cot sheets (you do not need specialty sheets), a few waterproof mattress protectors, and the mattress. Always used with waterproof protector and we co-slept so it was used more as a temporary toddler containment device than a bed. New mattress (M660S or M660L 1080L x 660D x 100H) can be purchased from local baby stores if you wish. Dimensions are 1170W x 740W x 1080H. Smoke free home with a miniature non-shedding dog. More information here: https://grotime.net/products/cots-an...ets/melody-cot

LEW

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks so much for sharing @TortoiseNotTheHare, I measured the space we have and it really needs to be less than 70cm, but less than 60cm would be preferable. 74cm would be a bit too big.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No worries I thought it was worth checking in case it fits :-)