+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Malrotation (of the bowel) and pregnancy

Hi folks!

This is a bit of a long shot I know, but does anyone here have a malrotation of the intestine/bowel?
    It's a very rare condition where (for me) all my intestines are on the left hand side of my body. I'm 27+1 with my first, and of course now bub is trying to stretch under my ribs.
    This is causing a lot of pain as bub is hanging out on the right side of my body - I reckon as there's less "stuff" there - and is trying to push up under my ribs. I normally have a dip as there is nothing there and it honestly feels like the jaws of life trying to separate my rib cage.
    I'm seeing my obgyn in a few weeks so trying to hold out to discuss with him.

Just thought I'd check here to see if anyone has jad/knows anyone who had had a similar condition and how their pregnancy and labour went?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on your pregnancy. I didn't suffer from your condition, but I've had significant bowel surgery and as a result have abdominal adhesions. So I experienced pain from the adhesions "pulling/stretching".
    I don't know if you've had any surgery on your bowel but could this be a factor for you? My pregnancy went well aside from a bowel obstruction at 37 weeks. Labor and delivery we fine with no complications. I hope you start feeling less pain soon. Best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy