Closed Thread
Page 9 of 222 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Proteaceae View Post
    I'm trying to resist the urge to do an opk. I decided no charting or testing or tracking this cycle. But it's so hard when you have a box waiting in the cupboard! It won't make much difference to when we bd so there isn't any point but I still want test! I'm a scientist so I like to have all the data.... Not charting is more relaxing but also making me feel like we're BDing "in the dark!" (Pun intended) Does anyone here not chart or track at all? I still can't decide which way I want to go.
    I'm only watching my CM this cycle. Less stress I say and I'm a very highly strung person!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cmwtc2012 For This Useful Post:

niccyt  (20-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wanted to tone things right back and not do a HPT but I'm using progesterone pessaries and I need to know if I'm pregnant so I know whether to stop them and let AF arrive or if I'm preg I would keep going with them. So that means I need to test early which I didn't want to do because I'm trying not to be a crazy person about TTC!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ezzd For This Useful Post:

Proteaceae  (20-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cmwtc2012 View Post
    I'm only watching my CM this cycle. Less stress I say and I'm a very highly strung person!
    I'm trying to not even do that! I'm highly strung as well. I like to have all the information and plan everything... Which is why I'm trying to take a step back and hope mother nature can just do its thing. It has been more relaxing but I always get anxious around O time and feel like we have missed it. This cycle is no different. Maybe it's better because if I have missed it, I won't know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm trying to not even do that! I'm highly strung as well. I like to have all the information and plan everything... Which is why I'm trying to take a step back and hope mother nature can just do its thing. It has been more relaxing but I always get anxious around O time and feel like we have missed it. This cycle is no different. Maybe it's better because if I have missed it, I won't know?
    But that's the beauty of it! Not knowing = not analyzing everything. I'm CD 12 and just doing it when we want and hoping we catch the egg

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cmwtc2012 For This Useful Post:

JJZK  (21-05-2017),niccyt  (20-05-2017),Proteaceae  (20-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm trying to resist the urge to do an opk. I decided no charting or testing or tracking this cycle. But it's so hard when you have a box waiting in the cupboard! It won't make much difference to when we bd so there isn't any point but I still want test! I'm a scientist so I like to have all the data.... Not charting is more relaxing but also making me feel like we're BDing "in the dark!" (Pun intended) Does anyone here not chart or track at all? I still can't decide which way I want to go.
    I don't chart or track really, I look at my apps and see what they think is the time I'm most fertile and then keep an eye on CM and see what happens. Plus in hoping to just BD every second day this month and see. I think if I started charting ect I would get super obsessive, that's just my personality. Trying to stay relaxed about it all... trying....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Charlieboo For This Useful Post:

Proteaceae  (20-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm only up to CD8..... yawn... waiting...waiting.. had a practice run last night lol ...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charlieboo For This Useful Post:

cmwtc2012  (20-05-2017),niccyt  (20-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The first few months of TTC I tested for ovulation and it was always around CD 14. The last few months we have been trying the method of just going with the flow and to just have fun. However I can't help myself and still look for the CM changes. I do feel so much more relaxed within the last few months as it doesn't put as much pressure on TTC.

But I know exactly what you mean Proteaceae

13. The Following User Says Thank You to niccyt For This Useful Post:

Proteaceae  (20-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cmwtc2012 View Post
    But that's the beauty of it! Not knowing = not analyzing everything. I'm CD 12 and just doing it when we want and hoping we catch the egg
    My thoughts exactly! It feels more natural now. We're both a lot more relaxed and just do it when the mood strikes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlieboo View Post
    I don't chart or track really, I look at my apps and see what they think is the time I'm most fertile and then keep an eye on CM and see what happens. Plus in hoping to just BD every second day this month and see. I think if I started charting ect I would get super obsessive, that's just my personality. Trying to stay relaxed about it all... trying....
    Yeah it's hard. I only started charting because I have a medical issue and my Dr said I might not be ovulating, so that stressed me out. I charted last cycle and saw a clear temp rise so I think I did ovulate, which put my mind at ease. Now I just want to take it easy, because I did become way over the top obsessive last cycle and it wasn't fun for either of us.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Proteaceae For This Useful Post:

Charlieboo  (21-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by niccyt View Post
    The first few months of TTC I tested for ovulation and it was always around CD 14. The last few months we have been trying the method of just going with the flow and to just have fun. However I can't help myself and still look for the CM changes. I do feel so much more relaxed within the last few months as it doesn't put as much pressure on TTC.

But I know exactly what you mean Proteaceae
    Thanks. Yeah I think I put a lot of pressure on myself (and dp) last cycle with all the testing and making sure everything had to line up "juuuust right." It just got all a bit too much.