+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Possible Behaviour issues WWYD?

Please help. I honestly don't know what's going on with my oldest and what I can do.

She's almost 7 and generally well behaved child, she would do what she needs to without prompting and follows instructions well (with added whys here and there) then there are days she's extra helpful, she cried to cook or clean kitchen just wanting extra jobs and when she does I do give her what I can, even when I'm exhausted and just not in the mood to direct her in cooking I do...and this is because we have a few days she's a nightmare, she just has this meltdown where she's not happy and everyone is not fair every thing is not fair, I could be telling her to pick her shoes and put in closet or take her lunch out of her bag and that would be followed by 1 hour of crying and screaming saying its not fair and she doesn't know how to do it.

And those are just terrible days, I feel like she's going to grow up hating me and only remembering the bad times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd started this at around 7 years old too.
    As i was very early in hitting puberty (i was 8 when i got boobs and period) i decided to start charting my dd's tantrums.
    She has mood swings/tantrums/crying for no reason every 25-30 days.
    Unfortunatelyit seems like its hormones for my dd. Not to say it is for yours but its something to consider.
    Ive always been open and honest about puberty with dd as i knew there was a chance it would happen early for her as it did for me.
    'Girl Stuff' by Kaz Cooke is a great book. Theres one aimed at 8-12 year olds and one for 12-18 year olds. I got dd the first one. Its very honest without being overwhelming and written in a way that is easy for girls to understand.
    Dd asked me 'how do u actually have sex to make a baby' last week. I had to take a breathe before I answered hahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Not sure I'll be of any help, but I at least wanted to bump the thread for you

Has there been any recent change in her life that may have impacted on her behaviour (house move, new sibling, school issues)? How long has she been behaving like this?

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi hers&hers. I think your daughter will grow up remembering the good times and not the bad times. If these 'tantrums' happen with no pattern at all. Not a regular thing or even a semi regular thing, I would suggest it is just something at school or out of the blue has given her some anxiety or concern, and she is acting up because she doesn't know how else to deal with it.
    My first suggestion, let her be, if the 'tantrum' is a nothing more than a shout and door slam, and then some time out, I think that is ok. If the 'tantrum' involves a lot of heat, and other people being upset, (hurting siblings, or destroying property) then a more firm reaction from you, might be needed.
    Don't attempt to speak with her when she is upset, wait until she has calmed right down and she feels like talking. I would try to get to the reason behind the behaviour, and then look at what would be the best solution. hugs, marie.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Simil  (09-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is very irregular I would say more like 2 or 3 days in month.

I never thought it could be hormones, I was pretty older when puberty hits, I might start tracking it.

I was very overwhelmed last night, tonight she's back to her usual self even asking if she can pretend we have guests coming and clean the bedrooms(all 3 of them)

it's very confusing as out confess so unexpectedly out of the blue, and she will cry and cry until she goes to sleep.