+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Going back for more...

Okay so here's the million dollar question... when did you want to go back for your next child? DD will be 4 months next week and I already want another. Call me crazy! The rational part of me says wait but the emotional part of me wants us to be pregnant again (DW will carry the next). I loved being pregnant and all the excitement that came with it. We have also had a very easy baby so maybe this is clouding my judgement. Has anyone gone back with a small gap and wish they'd waited longer? Anyone think there are advantages of a smaller gap?

How can I be this clucky when we have a baby?! I'm nuts!!
    Last edited by TortoiseNotTheHare; 08-05-2017 at 20:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Lol. Do you have a trick baby?
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 09-05-2017 at 11:05. Reason: Please do not link to other parenting sites.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (09-05-2017),ilovegiraffes  (31-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    After my first I was done. Then her sister was born two and a half years later and I knew I wasn't done but my relationship with their father was. 12 years later and number 3 is 11 weeks today and I know I want one more and luckily so does my partner!! I knew before she was even born that I wanted 2 close together and once she was born we both just knew that we weren't done just yet and will be ttc by the time she is 6 months.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Baby Girl For This Useful Post:

TortoiseNotTheHare  (08-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My gaps are 21 months, 14 months and 16 months. I love the close gaps. I loved it when they were babies and I am loving it even more now as they grow together. They are so close it's just magical.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

TortoiseNotTheHare  (08-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

[QUOTE=JustJaq;8685606]Lol. Do you have a trick baby?

Yes.... omg yes.... we have a trick baby
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 09-05-2017 at 11:07. Reason: Ref to deleted text

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (09-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Girl View Post
    After my first I was done. Then her sister was born two and a half years later and I knew I wasn't done but my relationship with their father was. 12 years later and number 3 is 11 weeks today and I know I want one more and luckily so does my partner!! I knew before she was even born that I wanted 2 close together and once she was born we both just knew that we weren't done just yet and will be ttc by the time she is 6 months.
    We say we want two but I'm so clucky for the next already that I'm slightly concerned at how I'll feel when we have the next. I'll probably be sad that we are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    My gaps are 21 months, 14 months and 16 months. I love the close gaps. I loved it when they were babies and I am loving it even more now as they grow together. They are so close it's just magical.
    My sister and I had a 16 month age gap and we loved it and still do. The older we got the smaller the gap felt too. It feels like we are the same age now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    My first was a nightmare. Yet I was still clucky. 22 months between mine and I feel it's just right for us.

When DD2 was born I thought geez!!! This baby is amazing! If this is what the average baby is like I'll have heaps!

We aren't preventing and haven't done since we started trying for DD1

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

TortoiseNotTheHare  (09-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wanted to start trying after DD turned 1. We ended up waiting until she was 2yrs 3 months before trying. DD was 3.5 when DS was born.

The day after DS was born, I was so clucky for another one. That hasn't passed yet, still crazy clucky. Unfortunately DH thinks we're done

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH and I (53 and 42 respectively) are expecting our first bubba together in late June.

Although I am very excited to meet our little one, every time I think about not being pregnant anymore I get sad. This pregnancy has been everything I had ever hoped and longed for, and I will miss the feeling of my little one moving around inside me.

Originally DH and I had both agreed that we would only be having one baby. After all, we're not young anymore! We have since renegotiated though, and have agreed that we will try for one more. (We have embies frozen away thanks to our egg donor, so it is possible for us.)

The plan is to breastfeed this little one and try to wean off by the time he/she is one year old. Then we start TTC again.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I will be one of those ladies who never feels 'done.' But we have to be realistic about things and will be stopping at two My Mum had her last baby at 45 and that all worked out well, so I;'m hoping it will be the same for us.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm seriously hoping that I have that feeling of being done at 2 because we really said we wouldn't go for a third. We want to provide a balanced lifestyle for our kids and ourselves and it just won't be financially possible if we have more than two. I know we could make sacrifices and afford more but I want to able to afford swimming lessons, dance classes, sport fees, music classes or whatever else they decide they want to try. I want us to be able to go on epic annual family holidays... I also wish I could do all of that, have more babies and be able to afford the cost of living and child care in Sydney I don't ask for much hey?!