+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Not true, I finished at 30 weeks with no medical certificate, I had a letter from OB to say when I was due but that was so I could get my maternity leave pay... I finished up at Christmas time by choice, it was great having mist of the last trimester to chill out, sleep & catch up with people! 36 weeks with #3 & wish I could do that again but with a 4yo & 2yo to look after maternity leave is a distant memory!
    This will probably be me if my pregnancy makes it. There is no freaking way i am risking having a premie or complications of any kind after what ive gone through. Last trimester my plan is to rest. Nothing is important to me any more other then this baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default When did your leave start?

I left 32 weeks with no 1. I was bored and she was 6 days overdue. I was overly cautious which her being my first.

No 2 I worked until 37 weeks, even though it was a physical job I still found it easier than being at home with dd1 5 days a week 😂

As pp has said no set time is given, well at least in my industry; entitled to 12 months leave and an additional 12 months can be granted unless they have business grounds to refuse. Both times I extended to 14 months off. And make sure that you work enough hours prior to meet the ppl tests (unless money is not a concern).
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 09-05-2017 at 06:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    38 weeks...probably could've stayed on longer seeing as I went 2 weeks overdue too! I was getting tired, but I got bored at home

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    36w for both. I work in childcare so it was getting hard to get down with the kids all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    37 weeks for both. DS came the day after I finished and I'm still waiting for DD (booked in for caesarean on Thursday).

I wish I had worked another week this time as I have a desk job and I'm a little bored being at home. Given my history though I didn't think it was such a good idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone I looked further into the work policy and it says I need a certificate to work after 34 weeks so I'll just finish up then. I'm waiting for my leave submission to be approved but it's good to know the general standards to push back in case I have any trouble. I don't want to be completely stressed out when she comes- it's my first and will be my only pregnancy so I'd like at least part of it to be calm!