+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    With clothes I tend to go more neutral, same with big expensive/permanent things where either ds or myself are most likely going to changed are minds about in a year or two. DS1's current favorite is pink, and has been for a few months. I'm totally fine with small toys, pjs, etc being pink but I I'm about to buy a dinosaur wall sticker for his room and he saw the color choices and said he wanted pink and I'm not really into that, more so because I want it to last a while and chances are pretty high that he'll grow out of this pink phase, especially as he gets more influenced by other boys.

I did just paint his toenails pink this morning, I had a pedicure last weekend and he's been asking all week for me to paint his

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    It was so they could be bleached! Not a bad idea :P
    I know that it could make the final washing part easier but... white lasts all of 5 seconds! Even with a newborn with reflux or with a toddler who likes to touch said newborn. And regular bleaching is not an option for my bub with super sensitive skin unless I want to wash it at least one (usually 2 just to be safe) extra time to stop reactions.

I'm a fan of navy. Navy is a good colour to put on babies - super forgiving, hides puke, hides dirt/food/who knows what stains. There should be more clothes in navy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My ds always has a pale pink shirt, that's his favourite shirt colour. He will often choose a bright pink/orange t shirt.
    First time he wore the bright pink one to kinder first boy to approach him says that's a girls t-shirt.
    (It's a boys top)
    I was so irritated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post

I did just paint his toenails pink this morning, I had a pedicure last weekend and he's been asking all week for me to paint his
    omg cutest thing ever!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (10-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first daughter wore a lot of "boys" clothing from about 12 months to more recently. Now that she is almost 4 she definitely has gravitated towards the "girly" things.

I was very disappointed I hear the words "no, xyz couldn't play with the pink glasses at kindy as he is a boy and pink is for girls". We have never once talked about colours having genders but she is a very observant cookie and has put this thought process together majoritively thanks to marketing with possibly a good dose of other children's opinions now that she is at kindy this year.

It does seem so much easier and accepted by society when little girls wear and like traditionally "boy things" though, which is sad

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I always like to point out concrete examples when kids say "X is for girls" or "boys do z"; makes it easier for them to grasp.

So my DD said something like "girls have long hair and boys have short hair", and I responded with "but Nanny's a girl and she has short hair. Daddy, a, b and c (my friends) are boys and they have long hair". It also gives them a way to respond to kids who are trying to police gender, e.g. "that's a girl's shirt" "well I'm a boy and I'm wearing it!".

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (07-05-2017),MickeyMouse84  (07-05-2017),Tiny Dancer  (08-05-2017),Yogis Mumma  (07-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Originally pink was exclusively for boys and blue was for girls. Pink as a derivative of red was seen to be a strong fierce masculine colour and blue was soft and feminine like flowers.

Colours don't have genders. It honestly annoys me so much that toys are targeted with colours so much so that little little kids think pink is for girls only and blue for boys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    When DS about 2/3 every time I put nail polish on he insisted he have his nails done too, like me and dd, so I suggested just toes, one day while I was getting ready to go out, he decided he should have his hands done too, got everything packed, go to get him ready, only to find black nail polish all over the blanket he was hiding under, the couch, his pj's and all over his hands......keep your nail polish way way out of reach

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sparklebug For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (10-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pink for boys?

Pink is for everyone, my ds has my little Pony tops, Elsa tops, Elsa leggings, sparkly blue ballet flats (his Elsa shoes) and if he wants something that's pink I get it for him.

Edit to add, I myself have incredibly short hair, think shaved back and sides and volume on top. I really try to explain to my children that anyone can have anything and that most things are not categorised into "boy" and "girl".
    Last edited by PipersMummy; 08-05-2017 at 08:00.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PipersMummy For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (10-05-2017),JustJaq  (08-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    IMG_1494194109.405848.jpg

Blurry picture but he rocks his my little ponies

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PipersMummy For This Useful Post:

ExcuseMyFrench  (08-05-2017),HollyGolightly81  (10-05-2017),Renn  (08-05-2017),sparklebug  (08-05-2017),twentysomething  (08-05-2017)