ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Mothers Day chat!

Has anyone got some nice plans for Mothers Day? I'm not sure what we'll be doing yet, though there's a good chance we'll catch up with my mum and have a relaxed lunch or similar.

As for presents - are you expecting anything? What will you buy your mum?

I told DH I wanted to choose my own present this year, so I just bought a pair of Betty Basics pants online. They look ridiculously comfortable

DS is buying a present for me today at the Mothers Day stall at school (adorable!). Can't wait to see what he's picked

As yet I've bought nothing for my mum, but she's pretty easy to buy for, so I'm in no rush.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My cousin and I are taking our mothers and our grandmother to a mushroom picking/lunch at a winery on the Mornington Peninsula. It is a not a specific mothers day event (runs throughout May) but should be nice to do as a family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With extended family members, we are going out for high tea - saves one of us hosting I'm pregnant with my first bub and due end of May so I think I'll just miss out on having bub for Mother's Day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We don't do anything for it. If the kids get reminded about it at school, they might make me something. But I don't celebrate it at all, nor do I have a mother. I would much prefer them to get something for their Nana (MIL)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I anticipate being in hospital on Mother's Day this year. Unfortunately I'm booked in for a c-section next Thursday unless I go earlier and don't want to get my hopes up that I'll get out in time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mother's Day is also my birthday this year! I've told DH I want a sleep in and him to deal with the kids all day.
    Is it cliche that I've asked for new pyjamas and a tea cup
    We've booked lunch at a winery with DH's family which will be good because I can drink wine and they will all be very happy to pass DS around for cuddles, he will be happy with all the attention, SIL's will play with DD and I can relax lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I won't see my mum on Mother's Day but will probably have a BBQ or something with her the week me after.

We will see MIL, maybe go out for lunch with her.

Hubby and our 4yo locked themselves in the study this morning for half an hour to do "secret craft" so I'm guessing that's my Mother's Day present from her. I've asked for clothes for my actual gift so will pick something myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It will just be another day. I dont have the money to give kiddo to get me anything nor anyone to take him out. I am hoping that he doesnt realise because it will break his heart knowing he couldnt get me anything as he really does enjoy celebrating those sorts of days. As for my mother, i wont see her or speak to her because I have nothing to do with her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My Mum will be visiting which is awesome. We usually go out to lunch with MIL so it's nice my Mum will be here to come along. The kids buy presents for the 3 of us (Mum, MIL and me) from the school Mothers Day stall - they're the only gifts we bother with. DH always makes sure it's a relaxing day for me - no chores whatsoever allowed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    talking about a set mother's day lunch at a french bar we've both wanted to try for ages. gift wise i don't want anything really, just a daycare craft gift and a nice card is plenty.

dh has been running ideas past me for mother's day this year as last year he planned an outdoor picnic and it was a slight wash out. weather turned cool by the time we actually got to leave the house and he hadn't researched the park we were going to so we spent ages walking around trying to find where to set up our picnic, by which stage ds had cracked it and was screaming.

i am more of a creature comforts kind of person so would prefer an indoors event, preferably catered for lol. so dh is looking into lunch venues which should be good.

otherwise not doing anything else. his mum has plans with her mum and sister (who's not talking to us) so we won't see her on the day. i find it odd his mum is always a daughter first and foremostly over being a mother (like surely your own kids get preference over your own parents on mother's day?) but it's his family and i'm not getting involved.