ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    You live in Melbourne and go to McDonalds for your coffee?! TQ. TQ. What are you doing.
    maccas coffee is surprisingly good. that from a melburnian should tell you something

it's a convenience thing, nobody has to get out the car (difficult and annoying with ds car seat) and the coffee is pretty good. it also means we can get our coffee fix at the same time and enjoy our brew together. plus there's no good coffee at my work. the cafe at my work serves up rancid sh!t! plus we live in the burbs (ish), there's no snobbishly good/cool cafes near home.

but honestly, it's pretty good. it took some time to convince dh as he's a bigger coffee snob than me, and he's a convert now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    maccas coffee is surprisingly good. that from a melburnian should tell you something

!
    Aren't you from WA?

You'll never convince me sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Aren't you from WA?

You'll never convince me sorry
    i've been here 10 years now, that practically makes me a native!!

you should try the coffee! just once! maccas coffee here is better than all the coffee in america! that hideous percolated stuff they serve in those glass jugs. now that's bad coffee!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

you should try the coffee! just once! maccas coffee here is better than all the coffee in america! that hideous percolated stuff they serve in those glass jugs. now that's bad coffee!!!
    Haha...maybe the Melb Maccas have upped their coffee game with the high expectations of Melbourne coffee snobs 😉. The Perth McCafe coffee is definitely McSh*te!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaybaby For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (06-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Finding the time for fitness

I don't think I claimed America had good coffee? . I actually hated coffee until I moved to Melbourne, and for good reason!

But in America's defense, although the percolator is the norm in households and restaurants , the coffee snob culture is slowly spreading and you can find a snobby hipster cafe with a good latte in most places.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 06-05-2017 at 04:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried coffee in Macca's a few months ago. Still yuck IMO. I am in Brisbane. I think it was a mix of how it was made and the type of beans used.

I am fortunate that my work is near some places that make decent coffee.

As for the OP my DH has started to cycle. It is slightly on hold atm due to a knee issue (he just needs to strengthen some muscles) but he will cycle to and from work most days.

Is he able to run to work? Cycle to work?

I would start with doing a run/exercise on weekends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've tried maccas coffee a couple of times and it was half decent. Better than expected. I love my Nespresso machine though. Perfect coffee every time
    99% of the coffee I've had in the USA was terrible and undrinkable. Even the places that claim to make Australian style flat whites. No. No. No.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't think I claimed America had good coffee? . I actually hated coffee until I moved to Melbourne, and for good reason!

But in America's defense, although the percolator is the norm in households and restaurants , the coffee snob culture is slowly spreading and you can find a snobby hipster cafe with a good latte in most places.
    oh i didn't mean to come across like i was having a dig at you by insulting american coffee!! was more trying to compare worse coffees i've had lol. honestly we were going to starbucks to get a better caffeine fix than what we could find at most average diners/cafes. i remember asking for a soy latte at a hipster-ish looking cafe in nyc in 2012 and was looked at like i had 2 heads in their defense, coffee is getting much better there. it's not as easily accessible as it is here, but it's there if you look a bit harder!

i had maccas coffee when i was in perth, the one local to my parents at least (applecross) was ok??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also really do not like Nespresso or pod coffee. I also dislike flavoured coffee. An average bean like Macca's can be ok if the coffee is extracted properly and the milk is not too hot (which was my last experience). Good beans can also be terrible if it is made badly too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    i'm not a fan of flavored coffee either. caramel, vanilla etc. just leave it as it is!!

we have a lavazza coffee machine at home, the coffee pods actually taste ok. i probably wouldn't have bought the machine myself, but it was a wedding present so we use it from time to time. pita to get the pods as coles etc don't sell them.