+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    i don't understand how people spend 5 minutes on makeup? what do you do to get it on so fast? either you're all experts and i'm just super slow or you're not wearing much? my makeup routine is as follows:

mascara - i spend a while getting my lashes really dramatic and long.

foundation applied with a sponge

bronzer applied with a brush

blush applied with my fingers

eye shadow using a brush/my fingers

brows - i pencil in a bit as mine are quite light. this takes a few mins as nobody wants to walk out the house with wonky brows.

then i dry my hair, get dressed, put my jewelry on, spritz of perfume, bang some shoes on and i'm out the door.

i can't see how makeup can take 5 mins unless i skip some crucial step. but i'm not going to work with half a face on. i just don't roll that way. makeup is important to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    i don't understand how people spend 5 minutes on makeup? what do you do to get it on so fast? either you're all experts and i'm just super slow or you're not wearing much? my makeup routine is as follows:

brows - i pencil in a bit as mine are quite light. this takes a few mins as nobody wants to walk out the house with wonky brows.

then i dry my hair, get dressed, put my jewelry on, spritz of perfume, bang some shoes on and i'm out the door.

i can't see how makeup can take 5 mins unless i skip some crucial step. but i'm not going to work with half a face on. i just don't roll that way. makeup is important to me.
    We all have our 'things' that are important to us and if yours is makeup then no need to compromise there!
    Mine is coffee

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    We all have our 'things' that are important to us and if yours is makeup then no need to compromise there!
    Mine is coffee
    oh so is mine
    we go thru maccas drive thru every morning and get our large soy lattes. we started doing it when i was on mat leave and would drive dh to work (we share one car). it was like our time to hang out together and have a coffee and chat, i really used to like doing it, it made the day go faster. so it's a habit that's stuck. i can't fathom starting my day now without my brew!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    On the very rare occasion I wear makeup I use concealer, foundation, blush, eye shadow and mascara, and then a lip gloss. Before I had kids I used to be pretty slow getting ready in the mornings...but once I had kids I simply worked faster at getting ready because I had to. I sped up my morning routine so I could fit in exercise (an hour). It means I wear a ponytail to work every day, and I don't wear makeup, but the exercise is far more important to me.
    Although, TBH, everyone I know who has kids is busy getting ready in the morning and has sped up their routine from pre kids day.

Thanks
    Reviews

If this is your thing then roll with it, sounds like you rock it!

But there are most definitely a lot of people who don't wear this much. I personally don't know anyone who wears that much or would take that long to do it - not knocking you in any way!!

I'm somewhere in the middle. I would not ever ever go out of the house without makeup. Ever! But I don't like to look as though I'm wearing a lot. I do a BB cream which looks quite natural and feels lovely on (like my skin can breathe), basic eyeshadow in a metallic-ish browny/grey (note my technical terms there!), a good coat of mascara, and eyebrow pencil. Oh and a bit of lip balm. I'd never go without it, but it's enough for me. Maximum 5 minutes!

So if you love doing it your way, that's awesome, but 'doing my makeup' definitely means different things to different people 🤣

6. The Following User Says Thank You to frankie46 For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (05-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    that's my basic makeup routine. i don't like to look and feel like i'm wearing heaps either. esp as you get older etc, you don't want to feel like a try hard or come across as desperate

8. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

frankie46  (05-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You sound like one of those ladies with gorgeous lashes that I'm jealous of! Go girl, like a couple of others have said we all have a "thing" and if that's important to you keep on doing it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to magicmashie For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (05-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

I only wear 'eye makeup' if I'm going out or on special occasions. Everyday makeup:

-Primer on with my fingers

-tinted moisturizer put on with a brush

-under eye concealer to hide the dark circles

-bronzer on with a brush (just forehead, cheeks, bridge of nose and quick swipe on chin)

- a little mascara so that you can tell I have lashes, years ago I read an article by napoleon saying that during the day you should just put mascara on your top lashes and when you blink just enough will go on the bottom, I've done that ever since.

- sometimes I do my brows, sometimes not. Sometimes I have them tinted so that I don't have to worry about them.

It does only take me about 5 or 10 mins.

Hair, I either let it dry on its own with a bit of sea salt spray scrunched through or I blow dry it and scrunchthe sea salt spray through. I think my hair looks better a bit messy as I have a blunt bob so I don't need to do much with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    oh so is mine
    we go thru maccas drive thru every morning and get our large soy lattes. we started doing it when i was on mat leave and would drive dh to work (we share one car). it was like our time to hang out together and have a coffee and chat, i really used to like doing it, it made the day go faster. so it's a habit that's stuck. i can't fathom starting my day now without my brew!
    You live in Melbourne and go to McDonalds for your coffee?! TQ. TQ. What are you doing.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (06-05-2017),turquoisecoast  (05-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Mine takes 5-10 minutes tops and I do most of what you do. Cleanse, moisturise, foundation, concealer, brows, bronzer/blush, small amount of mascara, lipstick, highlighter. I only wash my hair every 3-4 days so dry shampoo & hair up and I'm good to go.