ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 43 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Girls, I know this has been asked before, so I'm sorry to ask it again... but anyone recently needed a fair skinned, blue eyed donor? I'm Scottish, pale as the driven snow, freckles, light brown hair, blue eyes.. And We really want to do DE with Dr Nikos, but I keep having little moments of panic about the donors.. When I first ever considered DE, I was mostly thinking we'd go to Cape Town after reading the thread on BH about DE there.. And bcos u pick ur own donor I could easily see that there were lots of girls with similar colouring to me. But after kind of accidentally talking/skyping dr Nikos in December (I was actually asking about surrogacy in Greece not DE), we both just loved him so much that we would much prefer to go to Greece. It just feels right & Dr Nikos calmed almost ever fear I had & gave me hope again.

But I keep thinking about the donors. And I know making a baby by DE isn't like buying a car where u can or even should specify the size, make & colour.. But I guess like most other women doing this, it would just be nice to have some little things in common with the donor you know? I guess I'm just after some reassurance that from others personal experience it's been easy enough to get donors who might 'kinda' resemble a pale Scottish girl??!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Charlie74 no worries yes they have donors like you in athens. Positano1 on here looked like you. She wrote an article in goid health magazine. She said they have lots of polish immigrants and my 3rd egg donor, this one was Scandinavian. Here is a pic of positano
    Attached Images
    Last edited by gorgeousgeorge; 29-05-2017 at 17:23.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

bindyboop  (30-05-2017),Charlie74  (29-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im pretty sure she said her baby girl looks like her. @Positano1 are you still around on bubhub? Im sure she wouldnt mind me posting the pic as she published it in a magazine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Charlie74 i try post a better pic. Im hopeless at photography. Aargh its the same. I cant get focus if i zoom in anymore!
    Attached Images

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (29-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by julz1974 View Post
    Hi Mrsl73, I'm 15 weeks today. I am feeling exactly the same as you. I can't wait for my 20 week scan either.
    I have a 16 week OB appointment next week, so I'm hoping she checks the heart beat. Thats all i want to hear .
    Its now been 3 weeks since our 12 week scan, and since we heard that little heart fluttering. Xx

Hi julz1974, I cried like a baby when I heard the heartbeat on Friday. We just need reassurance. This 8 week wait is crazy, it sends us crazy.
    You don't have long to go until you hear the heartbeat.
    Thank goodness for my amazing gp.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mrsl73 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (29-05-2017),julz1974  (29-05-2017),Phia  (29-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Charlie74. Not getting to see your donor can be a tough part about doing egg donation through Greece (I guess some people prefer it this way though). In a way wish I could have had more input into selecting my donor but now I have my beautiful Son I definitely wouldn't choose anyone else. I guess you can take comfort knowing they select someone using your photo and credentials (height, weight etc) and they are very strict with the donors medical history (this was the most important thing to me). From my perspective it's looking like my son is going to have blue eyes and red hair like his dad (I have very dark brown), but I think he has the most beautiful eyelashes from his Greek mother and he is definitely stubborn and loves to dance like me. Trust me when you meet your baby none of it will matter, even though there is a good chance they will look a little like you.
    Last edited by Ashwa; 29-05-2017 at 19:07.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ashwa For This Useful Post:

bindyboop  (30-05-2017),Charlie74  (29-05-2017),Phia  (29-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Charlie74 yes, i second what Ashwa said, although i dont have a take home baby yet. Even at the early stage im at i just so don't even care because i am just so excited that i might actually get the chance to see my baby's face one day! And it might seem weird but im kinda finding it even more exciting because it will be even more of a surprise, i reckon. If bubs was from us i guess i would have more of an idea of what they might look like so this seems like an even cooler surprise, iykwim?
    Also, as a teacher for 13 years ive literally seen thousands of mums and dads at parent teacher nights and their children siblings and i can honestly say even people who have their own genetic kids never know what they'll get and I've seen mad combinations of families. Ive seen girls that look exactly like mum, ive seen boys that look like male versions of mum, ive seen boys that look exactly like dad and girls that look like female versions of dad, ive seen kids that look bizzarrely like 50/50 photoshoped morphs of a perfect blend of both mum and dad, ive seen kids that look nothing like mum or dad. Ive seen siblings that look like identical twins, ive seen non- identical twins that look nothing like each other, ive seen sisters who were, how shall i put this? "Facially esthetically challenged" and the other one was a total stunner, ive seen large families where none of the kids look anything like each other, i sat across from lady at parent teacher night who said "you used to teach my son X and now you've got my son Y this year". I literally blurted out, "No they're not brothers." One was tall, dark and beanpole skinny and the other was stockier and blonde. She laughed and said, "I distinctly remember giving birth to both of them." I had a conversation with a girl in my Year 10 class just yesterday about how her 4 siblings are all freckled rangas (orangutan - red heads) and she has very dark brown hair and gorgeous dark tanned skin, the kind people pay good money for at a tanning salon but will never achieve. So I kinda think there's no way you can guarantee anything anyway. And lol, most of the time when parents talk to me about their kids' quirks, habits and personalities, they say "they're just like me" with a slightly horrified tone and expression and when they say "i don't know where they get that from or why they are like that" they say it with a tone and look of absolute wonder, amazement and awe. xox
    Last edited by gorgeousgeorge; 29-05-2017 at 20:08.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

AngelGioia  (06-06-2017),bindyboop  (30-05-2017),Charlie74  (29-05-2017),Phia  (29-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Egg Donation Greece #6

I'm with Dr M. I'm on 20mg prednisolone and 200 plaquenel and clexane, and doing intralipids - this is for @rebecca72

AFM - just Dr Nikos and had some intralipids
    And four still going with two strong ones for transfer tomorrow (please god).

Might be lucky to freeze one...which is more than I even expected. Feeling relieved and a little more excited.

I'm in a queue at a clothing store (retail
    Therapy!)
    Last edited by Phia; 29-05-2017 at 20:57. Reason: Oops, delayed post

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (29-05-2017),Peninsula Girl  (29-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls..

I should have clarified maybe, that I actually DO like that you don't get actually get to 'pick' the donor yourself in Greece
    mostly bcos I feel like actually cherry picking the donor is less like Mother Nature just deciding what your child will look like.. If that makes sense?? And also bcos it almost feels like too much responsibility to pick the donor! I already have to make too many decisions as it is!!

If we got pregnant naturally.. it would be in the hands of Mother Nature what our baby looked like, but it would most probably have blue eyes (we both have blue eyes), & either light brown or fair hair as I'm fair & my other half is Croatian & he & most of his family are blonde or light brown haired..
    It's really just general colouring I was 'worrying' about.. Other than that I'm absolutely happy to just leave the rest as a mystery & know that it would be a healthy child in every other way. It's reassuring to know they're really strict about medical history.

Thanks for making me feel better about it all X

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charlie74 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (29-05-2017),Phia  (29-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Phia oh thats really really good news about 4 going strong, what a relief xox

18. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Phia  (30-05-2017)