Closed Thread
Page 41 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome @AngelGioia!

I'm sorry to hear about your journey - it must be very difficult to juggle work with a horrible boss and feel like you are on a ticking clock! In Australia we have had two famous women have children through egg donation at 49. One from Greece.

If you have tried in Germany did you find out whether or not you have additional issues - or just old eggs? I always ask because many women have found they also have immunity issues - called natural killer cells.

I wish you all the best, have a Skype call with Dr Kanakas and you will get good feel if he's right for you.
    This is my first DE so I don't know how many...
    All the best!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

AngelGioia  (06-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    IMG_1495970540.272131.jpg
    Highly recommended this place for fish,
    It's called Atlantikos and it's in Auliton 7, Psirri.
    It's casual, but good quality.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

Ashwa  (29-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Treens73 View Post
    @gorgeousgeorge I'm having my scan at 7 +3 with my FS.
    I've got sore boobs, a bit of nausea and am hungry all the time lol but I still feel nervous that something will go wrong. Oh the never ending worry!
    You will be fine, you and your little embie/embies have come this far xx
    @Treens73 Just groped meself, my boobs are tender too but not as much when i did oe cycles. No other symptoms, i read somewhere that the prednisolone im on can sometimes help minimise morning sickness symptoms, hope so. Ive had no more spotting at all since the small 2nd episode so thats good. Lots of ladies have popped in to say thryve had spotting around 6 weeks and dr.goigle says there's a lot of mad stuff going on in there at the moment. Guess im just as nervous as everyone else. Im actually still really happy and believe i am still preggers even though i cant confirm it. Its been good for me to, to be eating really healthy and getting my house all tidied as it went to rack n ruin over the last year coz i was all like, what the use of building a nest when there's no eggs to put in it? So im really glad to be out of that funk. Thanks for your reassurances.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

kefbub  (29-05-2017),Phia  (28-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @AngelGioia Guten tag and welcome :-) Do not worry about your english. I think it is very good. Many Australian people only speak 1 language- english. You can speak 2 languages! Ya, you are not alone. We will help you and we will talk to you about any problems.
    I read a scienctific article on the internet. It said after 3 donor ivf DE transfers (x2 embryos each time- 6 good embryos total) 90% of women were pregnant. I had to try 3 times. I know ladies who have tried 4 times.
    Dankeshein for your best wishes.
    (:-) I no "sprekenzie duetch" but i like to try, haha :-)
    I did German at school for 1 year when i was 12 years old. I know schnell, hound, frauline, apfel strudel, guten tag, guten abent, gutten nacht, ya, nien and i can sing songs from the german metal band Ramstien but i do not know what the words i sing mean :-)
    I am happy to meet you and talk with you. I can learn some more German words.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

AngelGioia  (06-06-2017),Phia  (28-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    Well I hit 15 weeks yesterday and I'm still a nervous/anxious wreck. I had my last scan at 12 weeks and don't have another one until 20 weeks. 8 weeks between scans is crazy.
    I saw my gp on Friday and had a break down of not knowing that my baby is ok. She got the Doppler out and I heard the heart beat and cried like a baby. She offered to see me every Friday morning for the next 4 weeks to hear the babies heart beat on the Doppler in the hopes to reduce my anxiety. Because I really don't have a baby bump yet and I can't feel her moving yet I just need to know that her heart ❤️ is beating.
    These pregnancy hormones are screwing with me.
    Congratulations to all the BFP's and good luck to the upcoming transfers.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mrsl73 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (28-05-2017),julz1974  (29-05-2017),Phia  (28-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mrsl73 i think we will all be like that xox All we really know is failure and i guess our brains have only mostly ever gotten negative feedback, so its human nature to think like this. If every time you touch fire, you burn yourself, then you learn fire=ouchie burnies. So, i try to be kind to myself and say its ok to "feel" this way because this is normal and just how humans are designed to make sense of the world. I then try (try and often fail) to use my rational thinking brain to tell myself just because of the previoys feedback and the unusual way we fell pregnant, that doesnt actually mean that we are at any more or less risk than any other pregnant ladies who fell naturally and easily. I also keep forgetting that these embryos are as good as the age of the people who produced them and that therefore they actually have better statisticsl odds than if we used our own eggs. But im so glad your dr is empathitic and helping you. Its a tiny thing to ask for. And i reckon we are all due for a little bit of extra tlc and can be forgiven for our neuroses. I reckon i will be you if i get to this stage too. Be kind to yourself, ivf has already made us all mad cray-cray anyway so in a way, ivf crazy is our normal. So glad bubs is doing ok. Anxiety is a real thing and dr.s should help you with it. That is what they are for and im sure you're not the craziest person your gp has ever met and even if you are, who cares? Just give her the medicare gap and pay for some piece of mind. Cheap as and worth it. xox

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

julz1974  (29-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mrsl73 hon, I feel ya. In the early days you're 24 hours is a long time between results - but weeks between scans is excruciating! You are doing great job - 15 weeks - yay! I know it feels glacial sometimes, so I'd just fill in your days as much as possible to stop that horrible long day feeling.

I was like that with my first. I borrowed a Doppler much to my OB's concern but I found it reassuring and I used it everyday.
    Especially when I had severe insomnia! I would go it again - in fact I'd buy one off Ebay!

I only had one scare and turns out she was sleeping, but I rushed myself into the foetal monitoring unit. They were brilliant.

Sometimes you gotta go with your anxiety - so take up your doctors offer each week / honestly just go with it if it helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mrsI73, I was very worried with my first, I had scans every 4 weeks and I slightly relaxed after 12 weeks but I still expected at every scan for the dr to say sorry I can't find the heartbeat.
    You should start to feel Bub moving soon and that is the most reassuring thing. If I didn't feel movement for a while I'd have a cold drink and lie down and she'd start straight away.
    I'm thinking of buying a Doppler this time around too.
    Go to the dr as often as you need, do whatever gives you peace of mind xx

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Treens73 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (28-05-2017),Phia  (29-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Phia I made my way to a Catholic Church while I was in Athens and found it so emotional. I'd had a beautiful day in Athens distracting myself but the quiet time, listening to the prayers made me very emotional. I think it's good to have some time to sit, stop and think, pray, meditate etc. Take care 💙

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sarspa16 For This Useful Post:

kefbub  (29-05-2017),Phia  (29-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mrsI73 you have s beautiful GP. Take care and enjoy hearing the heart beat. Maybe ask for a 16 week scan. I'm getting one. I'm 14 weeks today

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarspa16 For This Useful Post:

Phia  (29-05-2017)