Closed Thread
Page 39 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Phia hi lovely, i know that sick stomach feeling (big virtual hugs) and the begging of "please dont let me have a disaster donor cycle. (Just because i know that, doesn't really help you or make anything better though ) If dr.n says they look good, that's a good sign. He is very honest as of course we all know. I think that however they progress, if it comes to a day when there are 2 left, he will transfer them. I know thats not what you would really want to hear, because we all want 2 x5day transfers and as many frosties as possible but i do feel confident i guess, that you will get to transfer. I haven't heard of anyone not getting to transfer and ive read a few ladies that did 3 day transfers that worked who came out of the woodwork to support me when that happened to me. Even though we get really excited and hopeful and the whole overseas de thing and it seems and in many ways is, easier than oe ivf, there is a lot of pressure deep down. Its a long way to go and costs a lot of money and in some ways when the odds of success are so much higher it makes the pressures higher too. I am praying to the universe for you too. I feel a bit high-horsey writing this and have been reflecting on my urges to post things like 'dont worry you can do de ivf, you can go back again, or you can try full donor embies' to almost every lady on every thread who is struggling with ttc but thats not an easy thing to come to terms with or do practically and its easy to say now isnt it seeming it has worked for me? So im not going to say that. Im going to say i hope everything continues to go well and that you get 2 excellent day 5 blasties to transfer and that you get your bfp. I hope you are enjoying your athens holiday. I hope its warm and sunny and that you enjoy participating in whatever life is bringing you today xox I will be here with you everyday xox

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

kefbub  (28-05-2017),Mablelina  (28-05-2017),Phia  (28-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge thanks beautiful lady, you've got real knack for soothing words which Is exactly what I need right now hon. I'm glad you've never heard of someone with nothing to transfer!

In a complete side note...we've had a wonderful Athens stay. I have been having amazing cocktails, I think I will lay off now. Hubby's leaving with DD this morning and I'll be on my own until transfer.

Whatever happens this is a dream come true - just being here - breathe breathe, one foot in front of the other.

Thanks GG.
    ((Squeeze))

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (28-05-2017),gorgeousgeorge  (28-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! Just arrived home, mega exhausted as hardly slept at all the last 30 hours! Forgive me if I have missed anything, I have only skimmed over all the posts and haven't had a proper catch up! @gorgeousgeorge how bloody scary!!! Glad it stopped x @Phia Goodluck with your transfer! @rebecca, fab result!! All the best! Will you test? @kefbub looking good!!!
    I have my gp appointment tomorrow for my first beta and think I will ask her to check my progesterone too? Feeling strangely calm.. think I am in defense mode as I just won't let myself get attached to this pregnancy and feel very cautious.. super happy and blessed to be in the position I am though! I have only been testing every couple of days.. bottom test is today's...20170528_103531.jpg

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bindyboop For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (28-05-2017),kefbub  (28-05-2017),Mablelina  (28-05-2017),Phia  (28-05-2017),SharonG  (28-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bindyboop welcome home! Sounds like an arduous trip, ouch, so good to be home with a wonderful sense of calmness - hopefully your FS will be all over it from here, but I have seen the girls stay in contact with Dr N for help with translating results, etc. keep up those pessaries!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bindyboop, those lines look great!!
    It took me a good few days to get caught up on my sleep after a long flight home.

I don't get attached either, I think it's my coping mechanism, there is always another hurdle, waiting to see a heartbeat, 12 week scan, 20 week scan, making it to 25 weeks because they will have a pretty good chance of surviving. Actually getting through the birth and having a healthy baby is a bloody miracle and a relief. I'm envious of women that get pregnant at the drop of a hat and sail through their pregnancy. But I also think you appreciate something so much more if you had to fight very hard to get it.
    Enjoy this time and fingers crossed for high hcg numbers!!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Treens73 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (28-05-2017),Phia  (28-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bindyboop welcome home xox your stick pics look very promising xox Thanks for thinking of ne despite your jet lag. I went to work 7 hours after i got home, im a teacher and we have rules about staying to the left in the corridors and when going up the stairs so everyone can safely move around, i waz so dazed and euro-fied coz id been repeating the mantra of "move to the right" in my head constantly while in athens for the previous 3 days, i couldnt bloody remember what side to move to, wandered all over the place causing choas, couldnt tell anyone why id suddenly forgotten how and where to walk!
    Last edited by gorgeousgeorge; 28-05-2017 at 16:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Phia View Post
    @Alicecat77 just checking in on you - have you made it to Athens ok?
    Hi @Phia,. Yes made it to Athens had transfer on Friday. Thanks for checking on me. I'm really bad at technology when I'm on holidays. We went to Spain first, I would recommend going to anyone. I've got my fingers crossed for you. When is transfer day? Happy to meet up if u have time??? Also fingers crossed for @rebecca72. Weather is a bit ordinary atm girls...

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alicat77 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (28-05-2017),Mablelina  (28-05-2017),Phia  (28-05-2017),Treens73  (28-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's wonderful! Woo hoo! You're PUPO, @Alicat77!

The weather has turned - its like Melbourne! Miserable!

Which suburb r u staying in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thx @Phia. I am staying in pagrati.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicat77 View Post
    Hi @Phia,. Yes made it to Athens had transfer on Friday. Thanks for checking on me. I'm really bad at technology when I'm on holidays. We went to Spain first, I would recommend going to anyone. I've got my fingers crossed for you. When is transfer day? Happy to meet up if u have time??? Also fingers crossed for @rebecca72. Weather is a bit ordinary atm girls...
    @Alicat77 congrats on pupo mate, glad to hear you are enjoying your travels, will be thinking if you xox