Closed Thread
Page 21 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @Phia thanks mate, youve been so supportive and helpful with the supercare info. I woulda given up i reckon without your support on using them coz i was so sad and exhausted at that time. Lol, remember when i was crying because id decided i couldnt afford to buy cheese? #drama queen #over reaction
    The cheese! The thought of having to give it up! Oh my, that was a hilarious I gotta say, with love. You have come such a long way and when I first found the forums your story was one of the first I was reading. The supercare is a life saver - I found out about it here too- and it's the thing that's got me here too. I feel so grateful to be surrounded by such incredibly supportive, caring and seriously witty ladies. I've ****ed myself laughing many times. I feel like I've been planning my wedding again with all of this! And nothing warms my heart up more than seeing the success of others. You're a special lady, GG. I love your honesty, the way you express your emotions, yep, you're one of a kind.... even though it's a rough roller coaster... you're so helpful. And now it's your turn.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (19-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge!!! UNREAL NEWS!!!! OMG I'm so happy for u babe!! Your persistence has paid off!
    We're doing one more OE cycle & if it doesn't work it's likely to be Greece for us later this year... You & @Caesardust are my inspirations right now to keep going!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charlie74 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (19-05-2017),Phia  (18-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge thanks! Xx the prednisolone had that affect on me too at the outset where I was waking up after 5hrs sleep. I put some of it down to excitement! I took all of my dose by 1pm also. However as the 1st trimester progressed I felt like I had been drugged by early afternoon I was so tired! I've never known tiredness like it and could sleep standing up!
    So yes it should adjust! I don't know what I would have been like without my 25mg! xxx

I also took the tram to the beaches and it was great so would recommend if you want to get out of the city for the day. It made it feel like a 'normal' holiday getting waited on whilst laying on a sun lounger! Delicious food too

Best of luck to everyone in their 2ww and to those going soon! Best decision I ever made.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Monty73 For This Useful Post:

Phia  (19-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @kefbub lol, im hoping for 6 (but not 22!)
    Well we transferred to a graders today & two frozen A& B. Dr N pulled us aside as thought we would get more out of the 17 eggs & was a little worried that my eggs may have been fine all the way along ( not now as they are too old) & it may be hubs sperm which on paper looks fine but there maybe an issue & he is worried about us moving past 12 weeks like before so many times. I cried on & off for 2 hours but Dr N still has hope for us & says to be positive & live life so i will but im just having one of those days. I think we were a little shocked as its always been about my eggs. We have 5 days left in Athens so we will just take it easy eat gyros & baclova ! πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ We see Dr N next Monday before we leave. Thanks for your support ladies

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kefbub For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kefbub - oh hon, I'm really feeling you and your emotion is completely understandable from the shock given you've come this far.

It's so ironic that you can come this far - have transfer after transfer and have the best au fs and it
    takes DE across the other side of the world to be given a different perspective. Like Dr N says, take this one day at a time. At best all will be fine and just being overly cautious. It might be a sperm thingy but those eggs are A grade young lady eggs and that's gotta make up for something!

I'm sending you huge hugs. At the very least you will have some new information to take your next step.

But hey, you're PUPO!!! You did it!!! I'm going to think positive thoughts

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

kefbub  (19-05-2017),Peninsula Girl  (19-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Phia thankyou im sure i will feel better tomorrow just need a good sleep & cry and get through day by day 😴😴

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kefbub For This Useful Post:

Phia  (19-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kefbub hi there, oh my friend, something similar happened to me too on my first trip (not to say you wont have a different outcome though) but I know what its like to get the shock of your life when you've been so sure it was the eggs and that swapping the eggs would be the miracle cure. My dh has a daughter from a previous partner and more than 8 sperm analysis tests were always "excellent". It seems there are some things that cant be tested for i guess or that sperm can change over time as my dhs sperm must have been good at one stage. And the only way to find out is to use different combinations of 'ingredients' but its a bloody expensive and emotionally turbulent way to 'test'. I really really hope that this cycle works for you and i think for now, it might be good to just focus on that? But i can say from experience that even when you think you cant try again if you want to, there are other options and ways of getting funds if you have some superannuation. I thought all was lost too when we only had x2 day 3 embies left from our 1st donor eggs cycle and id spent the last 16k i had left to redraw and max out my mortgage. I totally dont want this advice to sound morbid and fatalistic but if you need to talk, im happy to share and listen and if you do end up wanting a plan x, y or z , i have been through this and would be more than happy to help you like all the ladies here did for me xox
    Last edited by gorgeousgeorge; 19-05-2017 at 16:44.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

kefbub  (19-05-2017),Phia  (19-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    @gorgeousgeorge!!! UNREAL NEWS!!!! OMG I'm so happy for u babe!! Your persistence has paid off!
    We're doing one more OE cycle & if it doesn't work it's likely to be Greece for us later this year... You & @Caesardust are my inspirations right now to keep going!
    Thank you @Charlie74 I know, i still cant quite believe i bloody did it! It might sound easy for me to say now but i think, if you are willing to keep changing ingredients and just keep going it is possible to get there. Some of us just have a longer more complicated journey. Obviously i hope your next cycle works (although you'll miss out on a greek holiday and meeting dr.n ;- ) but im so glad that you've got plans in place and that you're feeling positive about implementing each stage. xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou @gorgeousgeorge i really appreciate your support, just what i needed😘 i think also everything is done at this point & am feeling a bit down after the high of going through the process & also so frightened of another miscarriage. Not yet but i may talk to you about the super, we cashed in shares for this trip & savings gone on previous ivf ...but im still going to be positive & hope for the best x

17. The Following User Says Thank You to kefbub For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kefbub View Post
    Thankyou @gorgeousgeorge i really appreciate your support, just what i needed😘 i think also everything is done at this point & am feeling a bit down after the high of going through the process & also so frightened of another miscarriage. Not yet but i may talk to you about the super, we cashed in shares for this trip & savings gone on previous ivf ...but im still going to be positive & hope for the best x
    Yes, yes, me too! I try to think, "its ok to be sad if thats how i feel although if you feel positive and are enjoying your holiday, go with it until you have a factual event that gives you real reason to be sad. Coz if you worry for days and get positive news, you'll have wasted those days for no reason. Just feel however you want. Dont try to force it one way or another and @Charlie74 says, 'worries are actually just thoughts about imaginary events, they arent actually things that have happened that you need to deal with so you dont really need to think about that at all. And you dont really havw to think about it until that event has actually occured. xox

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (20-05-2017),kefbub  (19-05-2017)