Closed Thread
Page 17 of 101 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bindyboop yep definately get the utrogestan in greece, its cheap as, like 40 euro fir 12 weeks worth, in aus is hundred bucks for 4 weeks worth approx.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

kefbub  (16-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies so day 2 of the brewing we have 10 embryos but 2 dont look good so we have 8 goodies , looking forward to thursday to see what we can transfer. Hopefully two, fingers crossed x @bindyboop I hope you are doing well ๐Ÿ˜

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kefbub For This Useful Post:

Treens73  (16-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kefbub View Post
    Hi ladies so day 2 of the brewing we have 10 embryos but 2 dont look good so we have 8 goodies , looking forward to thursday to see what we can transfer. Hopefully two, fingers crossed x @bindyboop I hope you are doing well ๐Ÿ˜
    Thats wonderful news @kefbub to be honest i think that even from a good number of eggs like 8-12, and even with a good young healthy donor, you can really only expect 2-4 excellent blastocytes by day 5, maybe 6 if you are very very lucky, and this is completely normal and the way it should be so i think everything is on track imo xox hoping you get really really lucky though anyway!

I actually know a lady who did egg donor ivf in australia and ended up with 22 day 5 blastocytes, which you might think is awesome but she cant afford to pgd test them or pay for 22 transfers and she cant do 2 at a time because of australian egg donor laws only allowing 1 donor embryo per transfer, so its funny how you have to be careful what you wish for in a way. I actually believe now, there is such a thing as too many embryos.

I also think fs dont really tell us what you would normally expect but from what ive seen and read, about 2-4 embryos from 8-10 eggs is the norm for human beings, totally healthy "normal" human beings.

Just my 2cents :-)
    Last edited by gorgeousgeorge; 16-05-2017 at 16:17.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

kefbub  (16-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes @gorgeousgeorge Dr N did mention that im hoping for 4 xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kefbub For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (16-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kefbub lol, im hoping for 6 (but not 22!)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

kefbub  (16-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone, Iโ€™m still trying to find my feet with the forum, the pace is really quick!

So here I go, I hope I havenโ€™t missed anyone or any news! Apologies if I have.
    @gorgeousgeorge and @Treens73, I am very excited for you both and have loved seeing your stick pictures. Your excitement is really infectious!
    @gorgeousgeorge โ€“ your description of the Mexican standoff at the supermarket had me stitches!
    @Treens73, hope your daughterโ€™s jet lag has settled and thanks for the tip on pomegranate juice. I hadnโ€™t heard that one before.
    @bindyboop hope everything goes well for your transfer
    @julz1974 and @Mrsl73, happy 13 weeks to you both! Sorry to read you both lost one of your twins and I too hope itโ€™s all smooth sailing for the remainder of your pregnancies.
    @Phia โ€“ you should be in Greece, channelling positive thoughts your way! Hope that all goes well.
    @Alicat77 โ€“ best of luck to you too and enjoy your holiday.
    @kefbub โ€“ 8 good quality embryos is fantastic news! Best of luck with your transfer

I also have a few questions I wouldn't mind asking...

I know from all the posts that Dr N must be very busy at the moment. I emailed him on Friday but haven't heard back, do you think that I should wait or try and call him instead?

I was also wondering how long everything takes to orgnanise, ie from the time you make contact with Dr N to the time you go. Would it be unrealistic to plan a September trip?

Finally, for the Melbourne girls, any suggestions on who I should get to manage me from here? I have 2 FS that I have used in the past but happy to consider recommendations based on your experiences.

Thank you

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Notalone For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (16-05-2017),Mablelina  (16-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Notalone. We are waking once a night now so almost through the jet lag!!

I contacted Dr N at the end of January, we Skyped and he told me what tests he needed from us so I went to my dr here and got everything from him and sent it off to DrN. We then talked dates and we flew over 23rd April. It all fell into place pretty easily. Well from our end, I'm sure there is a lot of stress on his end but he handles everything amazingly well.
    September is easily doable.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Treens73 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (16-05-2017),Notalone  (16-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation Greece #6

@Notalone
    I also had my gp do referrals for any tests Dr Nick wanted and gp also did any scripts needed.
    You don't really need to be managed by anyone here.
    Dr N says he usually needs about 2-3 months to organize a donor, so if you contact him now he should definitely be ready for you in September.
    Shoot anymore questions through.
    Wishing you the best of luck

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrsl73 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (16-05-2017),Notalone  (16-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Notalone....I sent Dr N an email a couple of weeks ago, telling him my story and what treatment I was looking for, he replied immediately giving me his phone number suggesting a Skype/FaceTime consultation. After about a week (last Thursday) I emailed him asking him was it possible to FaceTime him, he responded immediately saying that he be free to talk in the afternoon (1.30pm Greek time, 8.30pm AU time). I called at 8.30 and spoke to him. Lovely man, very easy to talk to and answered all my questions....Ive been converted.....I'm officially a Dr N fan๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ He told me that they are extremely busy and it would be really tight if I wanted to go June/July. August the clinic is closed, so he said Sept/Oct would be ideal, which is what I was aiming for anyway. I would suggest you send him a reminder email asking for his number, and to arrange a time for consultation. He seems very busy, but efficient, so you probably just slipped under the radar.

Sorry, I feel silly here but I'm still trying to get used to this app๐Ÿ™ˆ Im not very tech savvy, can I ask how do you tag people when replying to a posts? Do I have to add as friends to do that?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mablelina For This Useful Post:

Notalone  (16-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wonderful news @julz1974. Thank you for sharing.
    We just had our 12 week scan today and our little girl is growing beautifully.
    We had the harmony test at 10 weeks due to previous failed pregnancies and through that found out the gender.
    Exciting times ahead.
    All the best xx
    Last edited by Sarspa16; 16-05-2017 at 22:18.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sarspa16 For This Useful Post:

kefbub  (16-05-2017),Notalone  (16-05-2017),Treens73  (17-05-2017)