+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    Thanks @kylie764 will definitely ask Warren's opinion after tomorrow's scan. We are finding it hard dealing with the resting as DH is having to do everything ie everything at home and with DD as well as keep on top of his own work which is hard when he has to leave work early every day. Hopefully if we open up to more people soon we might get some more help. If resting is needed though that is what I will do.
    @Chyna - Thanks hun yes bleeding has stopped I just have some tinged cervical mucus today. I rang my obs office and spoke to the midwife and she was so reasurring which was great, we have decided since bleeding has stopped to go in for scan as planned tomorrow but she said if the bleeding starts up again today then dont hesitate to go in for a scan with my ob. She also said if anything like this happens again I am able to go into the private hospital my ob works from and go straight to the maternity ward for a scan instead of going to the a+e, wish I had known that yesterday.
    That's great news re your ob. That's so reassuring and good to know. What time is your scan tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by newbeginnings284 View Post
    Hi ladies, I haven't been on here for ages but I thought I'd say hi and try to reread some of what I've missed. Well WDA truly worked his magic on me and I'm now 33 weeks!! I've had a pretty rough time. Had bleeding at 6 weeks and was on bedrest till 12 weeks with another bleed as soon as I came off of rest. I am with Charlotte as my OB. I left work and stayed on modified rest to keep the bleeds away. Thankfully I did because at 20 weeks it was discovered that I had a dynamic cervix that had started to funnel. It was down to 2.6cm at its shortest. One week at home on bedrest and it'd dropped to 2cm so off to the Mater I went. Another week there on rest and it was at 1.4...so off I get for an emergency stitch. Which is very risky at 22.5 weeks. Extremely scary and I stayed in hospital until 24 weeks on rest. Home again on modified rest and my target has been 34 weeks - nearly there!!! But I'd love to get to 37+ of course. Stitch will be removed at 36/37. Funny enough when warren was treating me he said I might need a stitch. Nothing was picked up at my 12 week scan (swear that man is a miracle worker). Just grateful it's somehow working out. Hope everyone is going okay!! Charlotte later told me if I hadn't gotten the stitch I may have made it to 24 or 25 weeks. So grateful that this little girl is still safely growing in me xox
    awh congratulations honey you've got a strong little one in there. So happy that everything is ok now and how scary with what you've gone thru. Your little miracle will be here in no time. We are starting another cycle as of today so the next month or so will be interesting. 😀
    Last edited by Chyna; 23-05-2017 at 06:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @NewBeginnings - sounds like yiu have been through a hell of time of it hun, its lovely to read you have reached the 33 week mark though despite the bleeds. All the time uou have spent in hospital must have been so hard but definitely worth it. Hoping you can make that target of 37 weeks hun when the stitch is removed. Thinking of you hun and keep us updated xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

newbeginnings284  (24-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just to update everyone scan went amazingly well bub was moving around and waving was such a beautiful sight to see after everything. There was nothing found as a source for the bleeding not even the hemorrhage that was seen 2 weeks ago so maybe it is a cervix issue? Unfortunately my bloods couldn't be used to calculate the risk as the lost twin was still seen in the sac so it would conflict results but according to the rest of the information my risk of downs is low. Such a relief I can breath again! Thanks ladies for your support x

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Applemummy  (23-05-2017),Chyna  (23-05-2017),Jamel  (23-05-2017),Ladydee  (23-05-2017),LittleDove  (23-05-2017),mrsparso  (23-05-2017),Mum-I-Am  (23-05-2017),N1c0l3  (24-05-2017),nattie84  (23-05-2017),newbeginnings284  (24-05-2017),Rosie8888  (25-05-2017),softshellcrab  (23-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So very very pleased it all went well for you today Heyside!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleDove For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (23-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just to update everyone scan went amazingly well bub was moving around and waving was such a beautiful sight to see after everything. There was nothing found as a source for the bleeding not even the hemorrhage that was seen 2 weeks ago so maybe it is a cervix issue? Unfortunately my bloods couldn't be used to calculate the risk as the lost twin was still seen in the sac so it would conflict results but according to the rest of the information my risk of downs is low. Such a relief I can breath again! Thanks ladies for your support x
    That's such good news honey, so relieved. I want able to get my nipt either due to the other twin was still there.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chyna For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (23-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies one step over with feeling more relaxed and will now look towards next step and hope all goes well and I have no more bleeding.
    @Chyna I was told today I could repeat bloods at 20 week scan to recess risk if the lost twin has been absorbed did you do this? Also what finally happened to your lost twin was it absorbed or just moved yo the side through the pregnancy I have have read so many different theories - sorry to ask just want to prepare myself.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (24-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow @newbeginnings284 sounds like you have been thru a lot to get this far. Congratulation. @Heyside sounds like a good day.. Hearing and seeing your little one moving about.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (24-05-2017),newbeginnings284  (24-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies one step over with feeling more relaxed and will now look towards next step and hope all goes well and I have no more bleeding.
    @Chyna I was told today I could repeat bloods at 20 week scan to recess risk if the lost twin has been absorbed did you do this? Also what finally happened to your lost twin was it absorbed or just moved yo the side through the pregnancy I have have read so many different theories - sorry to ask just want to prepare myself.
    Hi lovely all good ask away. We waited until the 20wk scan to see if everything was ok and did do repeat bloods. Our other bub was absorbed which was amazing. That was one of my 1st questions to Wazza when we found out it hadn't survived. It showed up until aprox 18wks then one day there was no sack there anymore. Its absoutely amazing how our body deals with it. I remember being so scared and anxious about that scan and bloods. I'm sure it'll all be ok honey. I do remember doing a run to wazzas office early one Saturday morning when i was about 15wks as had a small bleed and at 5.30am knew he would be there. Phoned and he answered the phone and said come in asap, did a scan to put my mind at ease and didn't actually charge me as i was past him being able to look after me i was an emotional mess but so thankful. It was so lovely. He actually remembered and asked me about that the other week when we saw him.
    Last edited by Chyna; 24-05-2017 at 07:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @NewBeginnings - sounds like yiu have been through a hell of time of it hun, its lovely to read you have reached the 33 week mark though despite the bleeds. All the time uou have spent in hospital must have been so hard but definitely worth it. Hoping you can make that target of 37 weeks hun when the stitch is removed. Thinking of you hun and keep us updated xx
    Thank you!! Yes it's been a tough road but whatever it takes. Yes it's all worth it

17. The Following User Says Thank You to newbeginnings284 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (24-05-2017)