ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What to do with baby clothes?

I have (so far, still sorting) about 7 or 8 whole garbage bags of baby clothes that I don't need. My youngest is 3, and I've never gotten rid of any clothes so I have everything from newborn stuff and bibs, up to toddler clothes.
    I don't really want to be just dumping them in a clothing bin. But I'm unsure what else I can do with them. I considered women's shelters etc, but would have no idea how to contact them. Or maybe contact a church directly?

I'm just not really sure.
    We are going into town this weekend for our shopping so that will be the optimum time to do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What to do with baby clothes?

Could you ring or pop onto the local police station and ask them about local women's shelters? If not, I'd ring churches and ask them about donating to families in need. You could also ring a few community service agencies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I give most stuff to charity. In my opinion op shops need plenty of kids clothes. I only sell expensive designer brands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I give my boys things to the op shop where my folks have a holiday house. It's run by the volunteers in the local community. All proceeds go to their own local church and help people in need. Personally I'm sick of the "Big organised charities" as I know how much they put through and how Much they pay some of the workers there. But I've kept my really good outfits from bonds, pumpkin patch and things you'll never ever see in aust shops that are individual pieces

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    I give my boys things to the op shop where my folks have a holiday house. It's run by the volunteers in the local community. All proceeds go to their own local church and help people in need. Personally I'm sick of the "Big organised charities" as I know how much they put through and how Much they pay some of the workers there. But I've kept my really good outfits from bonds, pumpkin patch and things you'll never ever see in aust shops that are individual pieces
    Yeh it's the big places I want to avoid. Just more from personal experience. And because I'll be dropping the stuff in town, and we aren't from there, I don't have enough local area knowledge to know where the little ones are unfortunately.

I've kept each kids first outfit. I've kept my daughters Christmas dress from every year and I kept a handful of her newborn dresses to give to dolls. Oh and I also kept the stuff that was mine from when I was a baby. Everything else is packed up ready to go though. I won't be selling any of it.