+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Posting this question for a freind

Good morning I have got a freind who is 6 months pregnant and has been looking at prams, this is her first baby but they are planning to have another baby when the first is around 15 - 16 months so there will be a 2 year gap between them. She would like to know should she go for a pram that can be used as a double layer on or are most two year old happy to walk, not talking all day or anything more a couple of hours.

Also she would like to know if anyone has experience with either the silver cross wave or the baby jogger city select. Thank you in belhalf of my freind

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I would tell her to focus on this baby, and get whats most appropriate for now. You never know what will happen - and buying something that might be good in 2 years time but isnt as good for now isnt what I would do

Thanks
    Reviews
    We bought a strider compact for our now almost 2 year old and I loved it however when I fell pregnant with baby 2 (32 weeks now), I bought a bugaboo donkey as I didn't like the idea of one baby being squished down the bottom. I have been using the donkey for about 4 months in mono mode and so far love it, haven't used it in double mode as yet so can't advise on that. The only negative I see with the bugaboo donkey is that accessories are pretty expensive. I think if your friend doesn't mind one baby being on top of the other I would highly recommend the strider compact, a second seat can always be bought when needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, yeah she is not a fan of one child sitting underneath so she is steering clear of that, she did look at the bugaboo but as she said it is expensive but does not want to have to buy another pram in 2 years time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerBaker View Post
    Thanks ladies, yeah she is not a fan of one child sitting underneath so she is steering clear of that, she did look at the bugaboo but as she said it is expensive but does not want to have to buy another pram in 2 years time
    Yeah the are expensive but she won't need to upgrade at all, it will last until she doesn't need a pram anymore. I bought mine secondhand, 2 years old in excellent condition with two seats and a few extras for $900. There is a bugaboo buy/swap/sell page on Facebook, there is always some really good deals on there. Or ababy.com.au does afterpay which is pretty handy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We had a Phil and teds which went through two kids. We aimed for a two year gap between the two which blew out to three and a half (miscarriages) and never needed the seat underneath. Was a great pram

bunkx is online now Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerBaker View Post
    If i was having my first and was planning on a second i would get the bugaboo initial cost is a bit but imo worth it i would have easily spent triple that on all the prams ive had with my four 😣😣
    I havent had a bugaboo myself but have friends with them and they are so nice, easy to push, roomy & fold down/come apart easy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies I will pass the information on, she did say she only wanted to buy a pram once

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is the bugaboo very wide like some double prisms making it difficult to get through doorways

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't used mine in double mode yet however apparently they fit in most stores, just not the little boutique stores. My second bub is due in 6 weeks and my oldest will be just short of two so I'm thinking about getting the wheel board attachment so the pram will stay in mono.