+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 31 weeks....

Hi ladies,

I am 31 weeks today with my first baby. I have been having extra scans due to GD and at my 28 weeks scan they advised me my wee man is breech. As of today his head is still in my belly button so must be very comfortable lol.
    The other thing is everyone keeps asking me how I am coping with braxton hicks..... I haven't had a single one 😳 unless I have and I don't know what I'm feeling?

My question is, what have everyone's experiences with a breech baby been? I know he still has plenty of time to turn on his own and for me to start getting braxton hicks, but are these 2 things combined a sign that I may end up needing a c-section?
    It's not something I want but if it needs to happen then I'm ok with it, I'm just worried that we are 7-10 weeks away from birth and he is just chilling in the wrong position and my body is too relaxed to care!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haven't had a breech birth myself, but I know some hospitals will allow you to attempt a vaginal breech birth under certain conditions. You might want to ask about that.

as for braxton hicks, there is no relationship between bh and needing a c-section as far as I know- some women have millions of bh and end up having a c-section and plenty have none at all and have vaginal births.

Good luck with baby turning!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hiya

Firstly, congratulations on your pregnancy! I am 31 weeks along with my first as well

Like you, I've not had any identifiable braxton hicks contractions yet either. I've done a lot of reading on it though and apparently it's quite normal to be having them and not be aware of them in your first pregnancy.

I also have a stubbornly breech baby, lol. Bub's head sits under my breast somewhere, and feet/butt are on my cervix. Comfy! I am going for an elective c-section at 39 weeks (due to several factors - high BP, overweight, first time Momma at 43, IVF pregnancy etc) BUT I have asked my OB about why bubba prefers this position, and he said most babies will turn prior to the 38 week mark.

So even though YOU might be feeling like there is No. Room. Left. in there, there is still plenty of space for bubba to do some tricky gymnastics yet!

Good luck hon, I hope it all goes beautifully for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi Ceejie, my first bub was a stubborn breech, and was very comfortable in her position! Lol So much so, she remained that way till her c/s birth at 39 weeks.

When I was having her, I was offered ECV but not a vaginal birth as there were no obs at that particular hospital confident enough to deliver a breech baby (as said by them). Since having her and being at 2 other hospitals in other states with my last 3 babies, all their policies differed from one hospital to the next, so definitely worth asking your options if bub remains breech towards the end of your pregnancy etc.

As for Braxton Hicks, with my breech baby I had none whatsoever, had no concept of them, however with my last 3 pregnancies I had braxton hicks.

If you're inclined, you can look up the website 'Spinning Babies' it has a lot of great tips for trying to get bub to turn etc. All that said, there's still plenty of time!

All the best with the rest of your pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 31 weeks....

Double post
    Last edited by AmyEL; 01-05-2017 at 12:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both my first two turned after 36weeks so you definitely have time, I'm currently 35weeks with my 3rd & have been having weekly appointments since 30 weeks & it's been turning back & forth weekly so who knows where it will end up in the end! Its measuring 4 weeks ahead aswell so I have no idea how it still has room to turn so much!

As for braxton hicks, you will definitely be having them, everyone has them... you just haven't felt them or identified that's what they are, it's quite common not to feel them in your first pregnancy... I didn't feel them in my first 2 pregnancies but my God am I feeling them this time!!

So don't worry, your body will know what to do when the time comes!

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    With my 4th at 36ish weeks he was breech a few days later they went to do a ecv but he had turned all good right up to 40+4 when the discovered he was breech again so at 40+6 i had a successful ecv and they started my induction straight after

I was given the choice that i could either have a csection or be transferred to a hospital that allowed breech births if the ecv wasnt successful

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I only had Braxton hicks with baby 3 and 4 and all my babies are been vaginal births

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone for your replies.
    Like I said I know he still has a lot of time to turn by himself so I'm not too concerned just yet, just wanted to get a feel for what I may be facing.

Also, I don't think I explained myself properly in my first post, I guess I was trying to establish a link between his current position and the lack of BH ie: is the reason I'm not feeling them yet because he isn't in the right position.

I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the rest of this pregnancy and let my body do what it is made to do.... if I end up with a c-section so be it, baby cuddles are the ultimate goal at the end of the day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I probably didn't explain myself properly in relation to the B.H query, but yes, I had 4 pregnancies and all bar one (my breech baby) I had strong B.H. I asked the Ob and middies why I had none (or at least felt none) with my breech and they said because of exactly that, bub's breech positioning, the head was not pushing down on my cervix etc, it was stuck up near my ribs.