+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanabananah View Post
    I work in this field and can tell you that:
    The surgical option is not "easier/cleaner/safer".

It not as simple to make a statement like that.

They each have pros and cons depending on a large number of factors.

The medical termination option is lower risk (safer) of something going wrong, mainly because there is no physical intervention inside you which has the risk of physically damaging you.

In saying that, the medical option also has a higher risk of not being successful, but that is still pretty low.

Medical is not painful for everyone, it's the same as a lot of other treatments. People react to things differently and the majority react to it quite mildly. (I'm not sure that's the word I wanted to use, but I couldn't find the right one for this situation).

I hope you find an option that you and your family are comfortable with, I'm sure it's not an easy decision.

Xxx

No I know it's not a safer option - having the pill
    Is less invasive that's for sure but I was only stating my own experience.
    Having a d and c comes with risks and that is what scared me the most. One of them being ashermans syndrome - a friend has it and can't have babies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    that sounds intense. i was put off having a medical termination (when you take the pills) as i was working with a girl who'd had one and she said it was the worst thing ever. she'd also had a surgical termination and said the latter was way less traumatic. so based on her experience, i wanted a surgical. yes it's more invasive but i didn't want cramps and bleeding. that would've really distressed me i think.
    It was the worst I can still remember everything and my body was shaking till the next morning
    We almost went to hospital - it was super traumatic
    I will never take it again and would deter people from taking it too

Thanks
    Reviews
    hugs to you OP. I found these comments distressing as I may be in a similar position to you. I think which ever way you go it comes with pros and cons. Perhaps a consultation with a doctor may be useful?
    Personal experiences differ soooo much. It doesnt make them invalid but it doesnt mean youll have a similar experience . Ill give you a good example.. i had a cvs recently.. and i googled experiences on all sorts of forums.. i was mortified as i found so many where there were comments of it hurting a lot.. one woman said she screamed through the whole procedure because she felt she was being stabbed with a knife. I prepared myself to be uncomfortable and in pain. I went and had mine done and i felt nothing during the procedure not even a pinch of pain.
    Im sorry you are going through this. ❤️

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Simil For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (01-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    big hugs to you Hun xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (01-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simil View Post
    hugs to you OP. I found these comments distressing as I may be in a similar position to you. I think which ever way you go it comes with pros and cons. Perhaps a consultation with a doctor may be useful?
    Personal experiences differ soooo much. It doesnt make them invalid but it doesnt mean youll have a similar experience . Ill give you a good example.. i had a cvs recently.. and i googled experiences on all sorts of forums.. i was mortified as i found so many where there were comments of it hurting a lot.. one woman said she screamed through the whole procedure because she felt she was being stabbed with a knife. I prepared myself to be uncomfortable and in pain. I went and had mine done and i felt nothing during the procedure not even a pinch of pain.
    Im sorry you are going through this. ❤️
    Thank you. I was definitely going down the medical route until I read these experiences. Now I'm leaning towards surgical with twilight sedation. But just reading about the details of both procedures online made me very upset. I'm​trying not to think of it as a baby but a cluster of cells at this early stage.

I thought I'd easily made the decision with my DH the day I found out I was pregnant, but keep thinking it through again and again and if I can go through with the termination. But ultimately I think NOT going through with it will be far harder.....the pregnancy with three kids and working part time. The newborn with three other kids (two of which would be still at home and not school aged), the back step in my career again. The strain on my marriage. The workload. The sleepless nights. I don't want to do the baby thing again. My youngest is nearly 17 months. I'm coming through the other side.

So, although the procedure will be difficult in one way or another. I think this is the right decision for my family. As much as I can know for now anyway.

Hugs to you and your situation, if you have to go through similar xo

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (03-05-2017),Yogis Mumma  (01-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Booked in for a surgical procedure tomorrow morning. Dreading it. Hoping I sleep ok tonight 😞

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (03-05-2017),Simil  (02-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Good luck Hun x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (02-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Booked in for a surgical procedure tomorrow morning. Dreading it. Hoping I sleep ok tonight
    huge hugs. thinking of you xx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (02-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Booked in for a surgical procedure tomorrow morning. Dreading it. Hoping I sleep ok tonight 😞
    Good luck, it will be fine. I had one many many years ago...I had no pain, no issues and minimal regrets. I was very sad afterwards but I knew it was the right thing to do in the circumstances. I recommend getting some counseling after if you feel you need it. I still think about it nearly 20yrs later...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaybaby For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (02-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Bond,

I remember you from our Graduates of TTC and follow on babies group. I'm pretty sure from memory your daughter is about three months younger than my first.

I'm sure you have made the best decision for you guys and I hope all goes well tomorrow for you xo

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MickeyMouse84 For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (02-05-2017),Lil Smurfy  (04-05-2017)