+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    BH-KatiesMum is online now Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    good luck ... hope you get some movement tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I was in the middle of writing a to the point letter that made our feelings clear when dh rang and told me he cracked and rang them for an update.

"After "just" having a meeting with the boss of the real estate agency he is now putting our case as his number 1 priority..."

mmmm hmmmmmm..

Once this is over I shall be complaining about the massive conflict of interest regarding having the two estate agent/finance broker and settlement agent all in the one building. While we haven't had any problems with the settlement agent yet they should know about the other 2 and the issue we have been having.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What's your finance got to do the agent?? That sounds dodgy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    They are all in the same building and the only one to give disclosure about them all having a shared board of directors is the settlement agent.

A lot of communication has started off with "I saw 'peter' (fake name for finance broker) before and he said finance is looking good so that's a great sign", or "I was talking to 'mark' (fake name for real estate agent) about the date closing in and he said they will do an extension on the contact".

Things like that. I will be complaining about this once it's all over with. The only ones not to do it so far are the settlement agent. I get that being in the same building makes transfer of paperwork easier but that's all it should be. Ships passing in the night, so to speak.

We don't have a problem with anyone actual work.

The real estate agent is a good seller.

The finance broker knows his stuff.

But under the same roof it just doesn't work from our perspective. They forget about the clients.

BH-KatiesMum is online now Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    being in the same buidling shouldnt be a problem - and isnt a conflict of interest.

having a shared board of Directors certainly is something that should have been disclosed though.

And the RE/broker should not be discussing extending the contract etc without talking to you. that is YOUR decision, not theirs.

The fact that they havent arranged finance in time and have to extend the contract is a serious issue - and the broker needs to pull his finger out and organise things.

Otherwise - there is nothing to stop you going to a bank yourself and arranging your own finance.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (15-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck we purchased our house and during this time NAB lost our paper trail mortgage files :/ so the 'important ones' and only had computer ones so wouldn't approve i had to redo the whole lot. I was furious. Lucky we bought privately so could still move in.