+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Have to give you girls a big thank you.

I have done a ring around to gas plumbers and building inspectors and a gas bayonet in a bedroom is a big flat out no no and is deemed non compliant and must be rectified by the owners.
    In WA you can however have a gas heater that has an external flue.. Just not a bayonet with portable heater. That could be an option to convert it to one of these if you wish to have a gas heater in your bedroom. I was talking to energy safe today about this very topic today.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (12-05-2017)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    the broker should be contacting you way more often.

He is supposed to be liasing between you and the banks ... so proactively trying to arrange your finance.

You will possibly require mortgage insurance if your Loan-Value Ration is too high ... so make sure that you ask what level it needs to be, and what they valued the property at.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post
    the broker should be contacting you way more often.

He is supposed to be liasing between you and the banks ... so proactively trying to arrange your finance.

You will possibly require mortgage insurance if your Loan-Value Ration is too high ... so make sure that you ask what level it needs to be, and what they valued the property at.
    Mortgage insurance yeah, but this was a call for income protection insurance I think it was.

He is being proactive arranging everything, just not in the communication and updates with us. It feels like a lot of things are happening but we just don't know exactly what IS happening if that makes sense. The broker, the real estate and the settlement agent are all in the same building communicating with each other but it seems they forgot about us and our need to know what's happening and the result is we are just feeling very out of the loop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by kylie764 View Post
    In WA you can however have a gas heater that has an external flue.. Just not a bayonet with portable heater. That could be an option to convert it to one of these if you wish to have a gas heater in your bedroom. I was talking to energy safe today about this very topic today.
    We don't actually want the bayonet in there and will have it removed ourselves if need be but it was an issue we brought up with the agent at the time and he just assumed it was OK and convinced us it was above board. Should our finance go ahead we prefer it fall in the "sellers responsibility" to remove. It's not a deal breaker though as it's cheap enough to take out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The broker has no control and knows nothing except what the bank tells him, which is usually nothing! Brokers , or anyone really have any pull with the banks
    Banks are very slack at communicating because we are just a number to them quite frankly plus they have thousands of applications to process and absolutely no sense of urgency! I'd say every second property transaction either exchange or settlement is held up because we are all waiting on a bank! It's very frustrating!
    The best you can do is just keep calling the broker, he then keeps calling the bank and hopefully they move quicker , many buyers have lost houses because of slow finance approvals

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I know e_m. Its just super frustrating when our last voluntary update was 3 weeks and that was to say he was submitting a second lot of paperwork and he would contact us a few days later which he never did make that contact until we emailed him a week and a half later.

We just want some form of contact even if it's just to acknowledge nothing has progressed and we aren't forgotten about.

I'm just being very ranty and frustrated tonight so apologies for that. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No vent away! Just keep on him and hopefully soon you will get some answers !

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know e_m. Its just super frustrating when our last voluntary update was 3 weeks and that was to say he was submitting a second lot of paperwork and he would contact us a few days later which he never did make that contact until we emailed him a week and a half later.

We just want some form of contact even if it's just to acknowledge nothing has progressed and we aren't forgotten about.

I'm just being very ranty and frustrated tonight so apologies for that. Lol
    I would forget email and call the broker. You can't ignore a phone call. If he says he's going to call you and doesn't call him at opening of business the next day. Some folks just need a little...encouragement..
    My house is just about to settle and my broker and conveyancer (in WA) have been in constant contact with me by phone, txt and email throughout the process.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I've been trying to keep a "paper trail" so I can go back for reference sake. We are going to do some head rolling on Tuesday via phone calls if we don't hear anything by tomorrow.

It's not fair on us and it's definitely not fair on the sellers either for it to drag on this long. He's explained what he's doing, the order it's being done in and why he's doing things the way he has and it makes sense but it means the main paper work (after sorting other stuff out that wasn't entirely necessary and could have been worked around) only got submitted 2 weeks ago, 5 weeks after signing the house contract.

Without going into detail, it's a messy situation really, which is why we are on edge. It's a means to an end that has been a long time coming and we are really desperate for answers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been trying to keep a "paper trail" so I can go back for reference sake. We are going to do some head rolling on Tuesday via phone calls if we don't hear anything by tomorrow.

It's not fair on us and it's definitely not fair on the sellers either for it to drag on this long. He's explained what he's doing, the order it's being done in and why he's doing things the way he has and it makes sense but it means the main paper work (after sorting other stuff out that wasn't entirely necessary and could have been worked around) only got submitted 2 weeks ago, 5 weeks after signing the house contract.

Without going into detail, it's a messy situation really, which is why we are on edge. It's a means to an end that has been a long time coming and we are really desperate for answers.
    Urghh yes, I hear you. My buying situation was also very messy and there was lots of fancy footwork done to get over the line...I made sure all the pre-approvals were in place before I even looked at houses because I knew it was going to be tricky. It probably took 6wks to sort out the finance before I went looking. Pain in the bum, but sooo good to be near the end of the tunnel. Good luck and fingers crossed it all goes through successfully x

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaybaby For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (14-05-2017)