+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Buying a house.

So dh and I have put an offer in on a house in WA subject to finance. Just waiting on the finance part ATM.

Any way I'm guessing I'm gonna have some questions along the way like I do now.

First off..

The house is advertised as having 2 phone points and 1 phone line. The area has had nbn go through and put lines up the houses and issued a cut off time for people to connect of October last year. That's not say the copper lines have actually been cut off yet though.

Now.. Does anyone know if the house is advertised as being sold with having 2 phone points and 1 phone line do the phone lines have to be working at time of sale? If the nbn box has not been installed inside the house yet are the old or new owners responsible for that? So to simplify, the phone looks like it's still on the copper system and not fully connected to nbn and the copper system is being or has been discontinued.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Not sure in WA but technically say they said 2 phone points and 1 phone line is fine - it's up to the buyer to make sure they are working, same with oven, dishwasher etc as when you exchange you are buying it in its current state if repair do you make sure you check everything is working before you exchange , write all these questions down and email the agent to ask the owners
    Good luck!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (30-04-2017),smallpotatoes  (30-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Not sure in WA but technically say they said 2 phone points and 1 phone line is fine - it's up to the buyer to make sure they are working, same with oven, dishwasher etc as when you exchange you are buying it in its current state if repair do you make sure you check everything is working before you exchange , write all these questions down and email the agent to ask the owners
    Good luck!
    I asked the agent and he said the nbn line goes to the house so it must have a working phone line. Honestly I don't think he understands how nbn works. But will chase it up further if I need to. Just trying to find out rights and I'm not getting much info from Google at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I'm doing a list of things to check like ovens etc.. Gonna run showers and taps, make sure drains and taps work. Lights, fans, ac, etc

Also, another question..

Are gas bayonets allowed in bedrooms?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No, well I don't think so I've never seen any, any unflued or vented gas heating isn't recommended where you sleep

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (30-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Was it subject to building inspection? If it's only subject to finance, not sure how relevant it might be if the oven is not working, etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you got or are you getting a building inspection? A lot of these questions can be asked and answered by an inspector. They may also find other issues you haven't thought of. Worth the cost.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    Was it subject to building inspection? If it's only subject to finance, not sure how relevant it might be if the oven is not working, etc?
    Snap! We answered at the same time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    No, well I don't think so I've never seen any, any unflued or vented gas heating isn't recommended where you sleep
    Who would I call to verify would you know? We have reiwa here. Would they be the ones?

They are selling the house as a 3 bedroom but it is very obviously an unfinished 3rd room. We would like the bayonet removed either way and will suck it up and pay for that ourselves if need be but the less we have to pay, the better.

It is a vented bayonet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd ring the gas company or a plumber or gas fitter , they will know the regulations and safety- it's vented so should be ok but better to check!