+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Good IVF Clinics and Doctors in Sydney

Hello Friends,

This is my first post here.

A little about me. I'm 34 and DH is 35. We have been actively ttc for baby#1 since Sept'2015. I had an ectopic pregnancy in Nov'2015 where I lost my right tube. Have been trying since then with no luck. In Oct'2016 we decided to get assistance and hence consulted FS@IVFA. Given our history doctor asked us to go for IVF straight away. We still pushed for trying for other methods and went for 3 cycles of Clomid, last one being in Mar'2017 which resulted in chemical pregnancy. We have been going to IVFA@Greenwich, but not very happy with the FS. Hence, we are thinking of changing the FS.

I wanted to ask for the best IVF doctors in Sydney. Do let us know if any of you have gone through IVF in the City or North Sydney area and which doctor would you recommend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopingamiracle View Post
    Hello Friends,

This is my first post here.

A little about me. I'm 34 and DH is 35. We have been actively ttc for baby#1 since Sept'2015. I had an ectopic pregnancy in Nov'2015 where I lost my right tube. Have been trying since then with no luck. In Oct'2016 we decided to get assistance and hence consulted FS@IVFA. Given our history doctor asked us to go for IVF straight away. We still pushed for trying for other methods and went for 3 cycles of Clomid, last one being in Mar'2017 which resulted in chemical pregnancy. We have been going to IVFA@Greenwich, but not very happy with the FS. Hence, we are thinking of changing the FS.

I wanted to ask for the best IVF doctors in Sydney. Do let us know if any of you have gone through IVF in the City or North Sydney area and which doctor would you recommend.
    The only guy I can recommend after having consulted with 10 different FS' in the space of 12 months is a guy called Dr Antony Lighten, but he's in the Hills District (Bella Vista) and he has a very long waiting list (they're currently taking appointments for August). You could always book an appointment for later in the year and if you fall pregnant before then, you can always cancel.

The difference between him and all the other FS' is that he knows his craft very very well and is a perfectionist. All he cares about is getting you pregnant. He was the only FS who picked up that I ha endo, even though I had no symptoms (I had grade 3 endo). He doesn't think I need IVF but told me to come back if I didn't get pregnant within 3-6 months. After endo excision, I noticed a big difference with my cycles so the excision certainly helped. This is the first cycle I've tried naturally so waiting to see what happens, but I was very happy with him and was recommended to my by another beautiful Bubhub lady who fell pregnant on her first go with him, after 12 failed cycles with other FS'.

Dr Antony Lighten is part of Genea. He likes their superior labs.

He's got an excellent bedside manner and the ivf cycles he does are tailored to your circumstances and are not the same protocols used by a lot of the clinics.

Good luck and I hope someone recommends an FS that's closer to where you live. Happy to answer any questions if you any!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks a lot nightowlsurprise

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hopingamiracle For This Useful Post:

nightowlsurprise  (02-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopingamiracle View Post
    Thanks a lot nightowlsurprise
    You're welcome. When you have enough posts (I think you need 6 posts), you can send me a private message and I'll tell you some other cheaper clinics that were good and cheap!