+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby Shusher

Hi everyone,
    I wanted to get some feedback from anyone who has used the baby shusher.

My LO (12 weeks) has been quite unsettled today so decided to use the shusher for the first time. It seemed to settle her straight away and she went off to sleep for the 40 mins before having to put it on again when she settled off again.

So far she's sleeping well at night so I'm not looking to use it at night, only for naps.

Has anyone used it to teach bubs to settle and then stopped using it after a few weeks/months once bubs could settle on their own or is it something you have to continue to use, just like a sleep association?

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't use a baby shusher but I did use a white noise machine for day naps. One day the batteries ran out and I never replaced and bub just settled by themselves

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We use the shusher for all sleeps, but mostly because we have a very rowdy 4 year old who doesn't know how to be quiet when bub is going to sleep. He's 8 months old now and we just use it on the short setting to get him to go to sleep, but don't reset it. He sleeps 1-2 hours at each nap. We'll keep using it as it's not really a hassle to put it on, and he naps well and sleeps through the night, so can obviously self-settle as well. It just helps to mask the noise from our 4yo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've seen that but never bought one. I use rainfall sounds on an app called Sleepy Sounds. I have an old iPhone plugged in DDs room and run the white noise quietly overnight and a bit louder in her day sleep to block out any noise. Started using it about 2-3 months and still using it at 21 months. DD has always been a light sleeper (like me - I have to wear ear plugs to block out noise so I can sleep ). I don't see it as a problem as it's easy to use and I'd rather use it than have her wake from DH leaving for work at 6:30am or our Siamese cat howling at her door or someone banging on the front door
    Some kids (like adults) are light sleepers so if it works and it's easy to use/transport then I don't worry too much.