+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I spent ages trying to convince myself that I was happy with one, and I flickered back and forth constantly for at least 12 months. I finally realised that if I couldn't stop thinking about it I would probably regret not trying.

We had to do IVF, and the first round was an absolute disaster, which was my worst fear about trying again. I was surprised that my instant reaction was to give it another go, and after another few rounds I'm now pregnant.

I've already had a few people ask if we'll have any more after this one is born, and my response is instantly no! I now feel very settled, but I do wish I had decided to try again sooner since it took a year to finally get pregnant.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbletrouble For This Useful Post:

Furmumma  (28-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I say this nicely: if you and your partner die, which will happen at some point, who will your child have?

My nephew is an only child, a true IVF miracle. If his parents die I am like a second mum and my girls are like his siblings. He would never be alone.

Do you have an amazing support system in place?

This is the one of the main reasons id go for another. The thought of my DD being alone in the world tears my heart out. But then on the other hand my brother and I are not close at all and never have been. So a sibling doesn't always mean you won't be alone if you lose your parents.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Furmumma For This Useful Post:

frankie46  (29-04-2017),HillDweller  (28-04-2017),Little Miss Sunshine  (29-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post

But most of all....the risk that...well, there's no way the universe would let me have TWO easy, awesome sleepers would it??
    Haha well you never know!! You could get lucky My DD was a shocking sleeper until 7months when she magically started sleeping 12 hours a night. I was so cocky thinking how I now had the perfect child when it all turned on its head just before her first birthday and she was worse than ever at 18 months I was at my wits end. We finally got it sorted but not without a lot of tears (from both of us). She's now fabulous again but I'm scared that if I go back for a second I could get an even worse sleeper!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Furmumma For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (28-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbletrouble View Post
    I spent ages trying to convince myself that I was happy with one, and I flickered back and forth constantly for at least 12 months. I finally realised that if I couldn't stop thinking about it I would probably regret not trying.

We had to do IVF, and the first round was an absolute disaster, which was my worst fear about trying again. I was surprised that my instant reaction was to give it another go, and after another few rounds I'm now pregnant.

I've already had a few people ask if we'll have any more after this one is born, and my response is instantly no! I now feel very settled, but I do wish I had decided to try again sooner since it took a year to finally get pregnant.
    Congrats on the pregnancy! What you said about it being on your mind so much that it made you think you might regret it has really struck a cord with me. Deep down I think I will regret not trying at least. Thanks for sharing and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Furmumma For This Useful Post:

bubbletrouble  (30-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just like to say just because your not close to your family doesn't mean they wouldn't help my husband and sister aren't close at all but I'm certain if we died she would do anything for kids! She's more helpful and nice if we aren't around so weird!

I would love another baby. And I read something my friend posted the other day. She just turned 50. She has more 5 kids... Parenting is a journey after that sleep stage is over you will have another issue trust me. The toddler stage, the teenage stage . So really the ultimate question is do u want another baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'll give you the opposite perspective to most of the posters here. I have a dd same age as you. I am 100% one and done for so many reasons.
    - symphysis pubis dysfunction and subsequent osteitis pubis. I am permanently disabled due to the injuries in my pelvis.
    - preeclampsia from 31 weeks culminating in emergency c-section, ICU and dd in neonatal care for 2 weeks. I could not imagine dealing with something like that with a toddler in tow
    - dd was an unhappy baby. Small, early, reflux, terrible sleeper. The first 4 months broke me. Again, I could not fathom doing that with a toddler who needed me.
    - going through all that again wouldn't be fair on my existing child, or my mental health and marriage.
    - my dd is at a beautiful age, she is amazing, interactive and adorable. Life is good and keeps getting better and easier. I have zero desire to go back to the beginning.
    I can see benefits and disadvantages to only children and multiple children. There's no guarantees siblings will get along (I don't really care for my brother) and I have the fear that however hard I had it well it could always be worse
    If you're yearning then perhaps you need more time or your heart is telling you to do it. For me there is no part of me that wants another child so it's very clear cut.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1  (29-04-2017),Frankenmum  (29-04-2017),frankie46  (29-04-2017),Furmumma  (29-04-2017),HillDweller  (28-04-2017),Little Miss Sunshine  (29-04-2017),TheGooch  (29-04-2017)