+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week

Default Childcare sign in/out regulation - who can sign in?

I haven't had a chance to look up the relevant rules/regulation about this for approved care but thought I'd ask here as I know there's lots of knowledgeable people here on bh.

Twice this week two carers at ds' childcare have said they'd sign ds in as I was obviously looking like I was in a rush and they were organising the sign in sheets. It (offering to sign in) seemed quite unprofessional to me but I don't know the actual rules. I would have thought the regulations require parents, guardians or another authorised person to sign in. Is this so? Can you verbally authorise a carer to do it?

In the end, I waited to sign ds in myself. I'm not sure if I should let it go or complain to the centre? What would you do?

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    At dd3 daycare parents or guardians have to be the ones to sign the kids in before we take them to the room then there's a second sign in which the workers are required to sign the child in.

Maybe speak to the person in charge and ask them and just explain what happened

Thanks
    Reviews
    As far as I know it's ok. At DD's old daycare they provided after school care so whoever was picking them up would sign them in. They also ran a courtesy bus and whilst I signed something when she got on that, the driver was who actually signed her in on the sheets at the centre.

DS has an electronic sign in and I know the staff have signed him in when I have forgotten. They must do it under a staff login though obviously so it would be clearly recorded that it wasn't his parent or guardian doing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only ever forgot to sign DD in once, so I rang the centre & they happily said that's fine, we'll do it for you. Like it happened all the time? I didn't have a problem with it as I'd given my consent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I have had the childcare workers sign in my kids when I have had one of the carers come to my house and take the kids yo the centre when I had to be at work early and she's also signed them out and brought them home when I had a late meeting at work and my husband was late home too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They have signed in before when I forgot. Maybe speak to the director that you are uncomfortable with this amd maybe they need to improve their morning routine for the sign in sheet to be ready to go on opening?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    We have an electronic system. If a parent doesn't sign in, we mark them as present and the time they arrived on our electronic role. We never offer to do it for them though. They should be doing it. I might look up the paperwork on it if I can find it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (28-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Why would you complain to the centre about it? If you dont want then to sign your kids in for you, I wouls just say 'I'd prefer to sign in my own kids'. I worked in child care, and we would have to double check the sign in book because parents would forget to sign, so we would sign them in. It's about acknowledging the transfer of care from you to the centre.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

Curby  (28-04-2017),just her chameleon  (28-04-2017),Little Miss Sunshine  (28-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I forget a lot. The carers would just sign them in or out for me and then they would get me to counter sign next time I was in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Ok I spoke to a developer of a sign in service who owns a childcare. There's a grey area that allows educators to sign children in.