+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont think there's a problem with either kid. Why does one have to be the bad guy? They're kids. They're learning. They weren't wrong for asking (They didn't snatch, they asked), he wasn't wrong for saying no. They weren't wrong for seeking the assistance of an adult. The adult wasn't wrong in what she said to the kids. She wasn't right when she decided to b1tch them out in a public forum though.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to zelda For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (27-04-2017),Little Miss Sunshine  (27-04-2017),MissMuppet  (28-04-2017),smallpotatoes  (27-04-2017),sparklebug  (27-04-2017),TaylorMade  (27-04-2017),TheGooch  (27-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Mother says her kids don't have to share - viral post - thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by zelda View Post
    I dont think there's a problem with either kid. Why does one have to be the bad guy? They're kids. They're learning. They weren't wrong for asking (They didn't snatch, they asked), he wasn't wrong for saying no. They weren't wrong for seeking the assistance of an adult. The adult wasn't wrong in what she said to the kids. She wasn't right when she decided to b1tch them out in a public forum though.
    If it did actually happen lol.
    I'm always really skeptical of "mommy blogs" and the horrible parents/kids and situations they encounter.

Every time I'm at a park with my kids every parent is lovely and understanding and dealing with the same battles as everyone else. Nobody is judging anyone.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 27-04-2017 at 17:39.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (27-04-2017),Full House  (27-04-2017),HollyGolightly81  (27-04-2017),MissMuppet  (28-04-2017),Phony  (28-04-2017),TheGooch  (27-04-2017),Wise Enough  (27-04-2017),wobbleyhorse  (28-04-2017),zelda  (27-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by zelda View Post
    Oh ITA. I don't think either kid did anything wrong either, just normal child behaviour to me? I was just pointing out that if the asking child was self entitled it could be argued so was the child that owned the toy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

zelda  (27-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    I'm always really skeptical of "mommy blogs" and the horrible parents/kids and situations they encounter.

Every time I'm at a park with my kids every parent is lovely and understanding and dealing with the same battles as everyone else. Nobody is judging anyone.

Preach!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to zelda For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (27-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I haven't read the responses yet...but this popped up in my newsfeed as well, I also think I read it last year and shared it and ended up getting in a little debate with a friend about it as she disagreed. I definitely agree with her. Of course we should teach our kids to be ok with (and want to) share but to me it's more about teaching them to just be kind people and also boundaries. I completely agree that when we have just entered a park or playground with something ds is excited to play with that he shouldn't just have to give it up straight away because another child says they want it, I'm thinking of things like if he's just gotten on the swing and another child cries that they want to get on, a toy he's just brought, etc. it's as much about teaching your child to share and be kind as it is about also teaching your children to accept somebody else's boundaries/accept no for an answer/wait their turn and also be kind. I find that Ds1 usually is at his best with sharing if I stay out of it or don't make him. I often catch him sharing with ds2 or another child on his own accord but when I force the issue he usually digs his heels in.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Phony  (28-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I agree with not having to share. But I also agree it's not a good idea to take toys that are not for sharing to a public space (I get that it was for a play date so a different scenario).

I don't make dd1 share toys with dd2, but if she doesn't want to share I tell her to go to her own space (like her bedroom) as opposed to playing with them in front of dd2 in a shared play space.

I liken it to going to a party/dinner and bring food for yourself only and eating in front of everyone. It's a bit rude.
    I do this as well, if he doesn't want ds2 to touch or break something then he needs to take it to his room. Sometimes he happily does it, but more often he comes out and decides to share or play with something else because he doesn't want to be in his room by himself, he suffers from major fomo

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeahYeah View Post

I'm in the process of teaching DD1 to find ways to play with DD2 who's only 1 & wants everything her sister has & steamrolls play . I'm trying to teach her to think about how we can incorporate DD2 so they can both play together. It doesn't always work but I think it's a good lesson on how to incorporate others in play.

Can I ask how you're doing this? Currently the biggest drama in my household, but it also goes both ways with the 11 month old playing with something nicely and the 3 year old deciding he 'needs it.'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm a bit bewildered by the expectation that a child must share their personal belongings (toys, books or other) with unknown kids. When an adult goes to the shops or park you aren't expected to hand over your smart phone or book (or whatever) to someone nearby if they want a 'go'?! Bit different to if someone comes to visit at home also very different to sharing or taking turns on play equipment at park or pre-school/communal toys.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to me+he&she=three For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (27-04-2017),gingermillie  (27-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

I was thinking that as well, I don't think I've ever encountered a situation where a parent at the park expected my child to share or stop what he's doing to accommodate theirs or visa versa. I'll intervene (and expect somebody else to) if it's a deliberate act of exclusion or not letting somebody have an eventual go like what Del described. But in my experience most parents at the park are the same.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I absolutely make my children share and my 3 eldest are teenagers now and are very generous and are not egocentric at all. There's no way I'd be ok with my toddler not sharing