+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Worried 11 wks bleeding on/off boobs shrunk.help

Hi im 41 and pregnant with 4th child after 9 years with my last. Im 10+3 wks and have had a bit of bleeding sporadically throughout. Usually after no 2 when i wipe but this is a first for me. Going for a scan tomorrow but suddenly my boobs seem to have shrunk and im feeling quite ok after back pain and stretching ligaments and bloating. Feeling good although i had morning sickness right in the beginning. Still extremely tired but im just worrying that somethings wrong. Somebody please tell me if you've experienced the same so i can chill. Nervous About scan tomorrow. Just want to see that heartbeat! Thanks. Mel.
    Last edited by melbelle75; 25-04-2017 at 19:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi lovely - congrats on your Bub!!! Exact same thing happened to me on my 1st and 4th pregnancy spotting for about 2 weeks especially after number 2... I had some blood on my cervix and the doctor didn't know why... I had a mass which the doctor thought could have been an incompatible twin but apparently it can be as simple as the placenta implanting or even a sub chronic haematoma that had ruptured and old blood is sitting on the cervix and a bowel movement kind of opens/pushes on the cervix... (sorry tmi)

Also with this last pregnancy I had very little symptoms compared with my first two where I was quite ill... between that and the bleeding I was sure the pregnancy was doomed but I now have a 5 week old daughter keeping me awake...

My 3rd pregnancy I had strong symptoms and no bleeding and that was a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks so in my case bleeding and symptoms had zero indication of the pregnancy's viability...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hopefully symptoms are just easing as you move toward the second trimester. I had some bleeding in my third pregnancy which was absolutely terrifying. My GP and obstetrician both said bleeding occurs in about 1 in 3 pregnancies, which was spot on in my case. I hope everything looks great at your scan tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default thanks

Hi Mel. Thanks for your message. Makes me feel a lot better. I guess with my age and the rest im not used to being pregnant again. Was a total surprise. But with the bits of bleeding which I never had before anf sore ligament stretching belly and back im just thinking the worst. But ive gotten this far and so nervous about scan tomorrow but im sure its all ok. But thank you for your reassurence...it will help me sleep tonight :-D

Thanks
    Reviews

Default thanks

Thank you am not used to this stress after 3 great pregnancies. I am 41 now though! Your thoughts help. Thanks :-D

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Worried

I had horrible boob pain and bloating which started easing a little from around 10 weeks.
    I have read its common for a lot of women to start feeling a bit better after 10-11 weeks and then much better from 12 weeks onwards

I know its stressful. I am 11 weeks and still stressing if its there.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default not so worried now!

Hi well I had my scan today and everything looks great phew! Heart rate was at 172 and little arms and legs were dancing lol. So feeling a lot better to have seen the scan. Apparently im 10+2 but tech said im 11 weeks today by bubs size....im confused..has it just had a growth spurt? Anyway feeling better thanks lovely ladies :-D

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to melbelle75 For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (27-04-2017),rosewater  (26-04-2017)