+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I only ever speak to the nurses- who usually ask the doctor and then get back to me if it's a medication related question.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you hopeful137. My clinic seems to work like yours then. Are you using your pg exactly 12 hours apart ? Best wishes for your transfer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have also been told that a level of over 30 is ok and it will increase as you get further along in pregnancy.

I'm answer to your questions

My clinic only tested for p4 at the same time as hcg so there was no p4 check after transfer. I did ask for a p4 check for 5 days after transfer but was never given one.

My fs like to give me support to help my hormones. My dropping progesterone was always due to a non viable pregnancy eg, my body realized at about 8 or 9 weeks that it was not viable and progesterone would start dropping. It was never the case that it was a viable pregnancy but lost due to dropping progesterone (if that makes sense?)

I've tried them all up to 800mg a day. I was also told the same as you that with crinone being slow release, it works the same as a 200mg pessary (can't remember the exact wording) I felt I would get more from crinone anyway. With the pessaries I would lie down for half an hour then 30 mins after getting up, would feel like I lost it all.

If you feel you need more support, you can give yourself additional support you won't od, but I don't know if there is a long term effect of using high amounts of progesterone supplementation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Faith750 I have always spoken to the nurses at my previous clinic. It is very rare at that clinic for a FS to call you. Your clinic may be the same one as my previous one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for such a detailed answer @ wild rose just wondering how often would you get your bhcg checked? I don't want to do it too often unnecessarily as it just adds to the stress but it's also good to pick issues up early on...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Faith750 They did the bHcg test at 4 weeks 2 day, 5 weeks 2 days and 6 weeks 2 days. Once a week is fine unless levels are low and then they repeat them 48 hours later. In answer to your other question, when I was doing progesterone twice a day, I did them close to 12 hours apart (just depended on getting home from work and being able to lie down for 30 minutes.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wild Rose For This Useful Post:

Faith750  (25-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I always spoke or emailed the nurses... Who then spoke to Waz. I was on pessaries strictly 6 hrly..1600 mg per day plus 2 endometrin pessaries per day.. When my levels were in the teens.. I was being checked every 3 or 4 days. Once they got over thirty.. Weekly. By 12 weeks they were in the hundred so no need to further test.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

Faith750  (04-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    Another question, what time of the day do you do your pg blood test? I was told that if you did it at different times it can affect the results esp if it's done many hours after the last dose? Has anyone also used pg for a natural pregnancy? Is there a max dose. My levels went from 87 to 59, my beta is fine; fertility nurse said I could up the pessary from 400mg twice a day to three times a day then recheck bloods in two days? What do you ladies think? Is there any adverse effects to baby from pg?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help! progesterone levels IVF

Hi Faith, I always did my pg blood test at 7am. That was when the clinic opened and I could get to work on time. Progesterone levels do fluctuate during the day they also especially fluctuate after eating.

My natural pregnancy was my 3rd one. As soon as I found out (I was just under 5 weeks along) I started on the pessaries as I had some left over from my previous ivf pregnancy. I took the same dose for natural and ivf pregnancies, 800mg a day. There are no adverse effects to your baby from increasing your progesterone.

Hope you are doing ok Faith and aren't getting too anxious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ wild rose thank you for your prompt reply! So reassuring. Yes feeling anxious but trying to keep as calm as possible and ask questions when not sure
    Can I also ask you if you had your pg levels checked on a regular basis during your natural pregnancy? Did they fluctuate and did your fs have a target level?