+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies it sounds like I need to do a little more research on the rules here. And talk more to my clinic.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nettz84 For This Useful Post:

kylie764  (24-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!!

I know how you feel! I've waited enough and I just want our baby now 😥

We went through QFG and we chose to go for US donor instead of Australian. It cost $1200 (Australian like $550) plus $300 fee before you even get access to the donor site. For what I don't know but they know they can get away with all these extra fees because they know how desperate you are for a child! Anyway... once we had paid the fee we got a username login and password and then looked through the list and chose the right donor for us, there was quite a few options but only one for us, weirdly he looked like my husband, has the same personality traits and even the same hobbies! The donors dad had the same traits as my husbands dad and his mother was like my husbands mother too. Once we chose we got a call from qfg and made payment over the phone. At QFG they only ship the sperm once a month!! If you miss it you either have to wait a month or pay $250 for a courier to bring it to the clinic, an hour away! I wasn't going to pay that, so we only had an hour to choose to make the cut off line for that month, luckily our decision was easy. Also if you want to save on icsi get a donor that can be used for iui if it's strong enough for iui then you won't need icsi.
    Last edited by Mumma2be13; 25-04-2017 at 01:25.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mumma2be13 For This Useful Post:

nettz84  (25-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mermaid13 thanks for your response. Are you doing a cycle at the moment? Sounds like you have had a great experience with QFG but unfortunately we are not in qld. What you have described is pretty much my dream scenario - a donor that looks and sounds like DP would be amazing.
    Wow doing IUI would be fantastic, no jabs or EPU. And less expensive per cycle but I know success rates are lower per cycle - but no known fertility issues with me or my eggs so could be worth a shot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went thru Fertility first...they use xytex sperm so no waiting list.
    Goodluck in ure journey 😊

7. The Following User Says Thank You to katiana For This Useful Post:

nettz84  (25-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my first ivf cycle in march and it was a bfn! Will be doing our one and only frozen embryo in may. Yeah I never bothered with iui either so just went straight to ivf but when you're looking at your donor it shows what you can use the sperm for and if you pick someone with iui/ivf the sperm is better quality and you won't have to pay over $1000 extra for icsi. If the donor that's right for you only says use for ivf then you may need to pay for icsi 😀 Good luck!

Where are you? I know qfg have clinics in other states they just have a different name

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mumma2be13 For This Useful Post:

nettz84  (25-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    We went through QFG. We had a few unsuccessful cycles with US donor, but ended up with our only BFP with Australia anon.

In terms of the cost of the sperm, I really think the cost is reasonable. There is a lot involved in shipping it from overseas. I was happy to pay the money to know that all the quality assurance, paperwork and transport (it has to be transported in liquid nitrogen and tracked throughout) was done to a high standard.

Now that my beautiful DD is finally here (she is almost 4 and I still can't believe the miracle that she is), the cost and hassle has all become insignificant, but I remember those long 8 years of waiting and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Good luck with your journey.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

nettz84  (25-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mermaid13 thanks, yeah that makes sense to choose stronger sperm. Sorry to hear about your BFN but hopefully frostie is the one!
    We're in ACT.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @DJ Nette thanks for sharing and congrats on your DD yes I agree the cost doesn't sound too bad. Since we had to do PESA/TESA for DPs sperm that costs a lot too so I don't mind paying the donor sperm fees.
    Another vote for QFG - if only we lived there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah if moneys not an issue for you then the hidden fees won't be a problem, but for me I found all the hidden costs that weren't quoted stressful when were already saving our butts off to pay for everything as it is. I'm not saying the cost is unreasonable I'm just making people aware that what you actually pay with QFG and what they quote you is very different but the fact there's no waiting list is amazing, in my country its a 2 year waitlist and then there's only 3 to choose from.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mumma2be13 For This Useful Post:

nettz84  (25-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Mermaid13 I understand the extra costs could be an unexpected stress. This whole process is so expensive and stressful.