+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I sometimes use a basic filter or something, but don't touch it apart from that. I wouldn't know how but I can always tell when other people do it and I don't understand why they fee the need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Do you photoshop/enhance/retouch photos of yourself?

Basic iPhone features, yes.

Photoshop, no. For me it's cheating. I'm very self conscious of myself and doing that to myself would make it even worse.

Secondly, I am the least photographic person on the earth, I hate photos of myself, even my professional wedding photos. I'd never post them.

On a side note...One other thing that really irks me.. People who 'pose' in photos or selfies. I have a few friends who I thought were quite down to earth, but I see them pose with their kids or partners like they're in a modelling shoot - I'm not talking about stance or position, rather flirty eyes or what not, that they've obviously practiced in the mirror till they figured out what looks best.

Why isn't just a photo a random, candid image anymore????

3. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

frankie46  (24-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a facebook 'friend' who was photo shopping so many of her photos. But she was terrible at it, as in tiled walls behind her had curved lines rather than straight. I don't know how she didn't notice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't put photos of myself up. One of these people that's always behind the camera.
    I do sometimes touch up photos of the kids. But that's literally just removing *some* of the food of their faces. And even that's pretty rare, as that's what the photo is usually taken for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes. The one thing I'll often do is brighten up eyes to make them look like they do in real life. Usually I'll use an app like that to correct camera error, to make the photo more true to life (correct the brightness, colour etc).

It also depends what the photo is for. I'll often enhance or retouch photos for Instagram because I consider that more of an 'art' social media platform, not necessarily a 'real life' one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I once air brushed dark circles from under my eyes using my MacBook...I just looked really tired so I decided to fix it. Lol
    But usually, no, I don't. When I'm an old lady I want to be able to see what I actually looked like, hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Hollywood;8679196
    But usually, no, I don't. When I'm an old lady I want to be able to see what I actually looked like, hehe[/QUOTE]

I have some awesome boudoir photos of myself. When I'm an old lady I want to be able to pretend I looked like that all the time haha

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

misho  (25-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Nope. Never.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, certainly no photoshop...occasionally when out with friends we joke around with the "beauty filter" on our phones haha, we look smooth-faced and youthful...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    I once air brushed dark circles from under my eyes using my MacBook...I just looked really tired so I decided to fix it. Lol
    But usually, no, I don't. When I'm an old lady I want to be able to see what I actually looked like, hehe
    I would love to know how to do this.

But no not for the purpose of social media, It's great to have a good photo, but I think you set yourself up for disappointment when people really see you and you don't live up to your social media profile

I'm a bit of an amateur photographer so I'm not a fan of filters and stuff, I'm always after the perfect shot.