ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I detest public toilets in general and would only use them if there is no other option. I have only JUST let my 14 year old son go into the mens toilets alone and even that depends on where it is. He has been unimpressed with this for at least 4 years. Prior to that he used the disabled toilet or came into the parenting room toilets or if all else failed the womens. He was only allowed in the mens with his father or a trusted adult.
    Now that he has a black belt in taekwondo, is 6ft and strong, and I feel he would be capable of fighting off anyone who tried to grab him, I am less anxious.

Yes, not all men are paedophiles, but the ones who are, tend to lurk in areas where they can get easy access to children... the mens public toilets are one such place. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DS is 6 - can't see it happening for quite a while yet.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (24-04-2017)

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My eldest is 10 and i still take her much to her disgust.
    I dont have an age as such but i guess when i feel comfortable letting her go by herself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Trigger warning - at what age do you let your kids use public toilets

I have four girls, so going to the toilet is a regular occurrence when out and about, and it's usually when we've entered a store and I'm loading groceries so as soon as one says she needs to go, I tell all of them they need to go, otherwise we have multiple toilet visits! Lol. So, I'm usually with them.

My eldest is 10 and she will go on her own if we're in an indoor, enclosed area but not to a park one etc on her own. So no real age as such, but mostly I'm with them as I usually take the opportunity to go when all 4 are needing the toilet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have lots of kids and one is usually in a stroller or trolley or carrier so we use the wheelchair toilets or parent room if there is one.
    On the odd occasion that I only have the big ones with me (6 and 7) or husband is with me to look after the little ones we will go to the adults toilet. If I don't need to go too I will stand right beside their cubicle, if I do I will go and try to trust they're ok in the cubicles next to me but I don't like it and really hurry! Haha.
    My son (the 7 year old) isn't too bothered about going into the ladies yet, though he does find it a bit weird. It doesn't happen often as we usually use wheelchair accessible or parent room or his Dad can take him to the men's. He's definitely not going in there without me anytime soon.
    Obviously when they're old enough to go to the shops without me, that's when they'll be going to the toilets by themselves, whenever that may be... but I will definitely drum into them that it's a bad plan to go by yourself.