+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm a massive tea drinker, but basically just normal tea with milk. My favourite is Dilmah extra strength.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love tea! I have a cupboard just for tea. I think I have about 20 different types.

My standard go to tea is Twinings English Breakfast. I also really love Harrods English Breakfast.

I have a rooibos chai that is just divine - and because it is rooibos it is caffeine free.

If I want a camomile, I tend to have twinings camomile and spiced apple.

For other black teas, I've got Blue Mountain from T2 that I really enjoy. If you think that the bergamot is the reason you don't like Earl Grey, then maybe get a sample of Blue Mountain from T2. It's beautiful. Also, Harrods Christmas Tea. A friend sent it over one year. David Jones used to get it, but they didn't have it last year and I was devestated. I need more. Oh! And I have a caramel flavoured black tea that is beautiful. It's from a little store that my friend visited in Germany though, so I don't think I can get more. T2 do have some caramel-type flavoured ones. There is a toffee one that is great but I can't remember the name.

I have a beautiful green tea from the Tea Centre. I can't remember what it is called right now, but I will go and have a look tomorrow morning.

Looking forward to other suggestions 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    I'm a tea snob. I rarely drink tea at work because they only have liptons and dilmah. I really only drink Bushells - preferably Aussie breakfast.

I'm a bit partial to T2 lemongrass and ginger in my hippy moments.
    I will not drink Lipton, it's horrific! I do like Dilmah Extra Strong though. I managed to convert my workplace from Lipton pretty quickly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie46 View Post
    I will not drink Lipton, it's horrific! I do like Dilmah Extra Strong though. I managed to convert my workplace from Lipton pretty quickly
    I don't think there are many "real" tea fans that would choose Liptons. If Liptons is my only option, I go without.

Some researcher at the University of Newcastle found that the "best" way to make tea was to fill your mug with hot water, put the bag in, microwave it (can't remember how long or what power), then dunk your bag 10 times. Supposed to get the highest concentration of caffeine and nutrients. I'm of the opinion that tea should never be microwaved, and that he missed out on the crucial importance of ritual and taste. And I think most tea drinkers would be horrified at the prospect of microwaving tea. I feel like this guy copped flack for microwaving his tea and then went out of his way to find a way to justify it.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (30-04-2017),frankie46  (24-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My only tea is loose leaf from The Tea Centre now. I don't like any supermarket brands - they don't taste right.

I forgot to mention our plain black strong tea is Assam (again from The Tea Centre).

https://www.theteacentre.com.au/p/as...makusi-bop-ctc

DS also drinks tea. He has decaf vanilla. Might get him some rooibos chai for winter as it is caffeine free too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just bought the Twinings Digest yesterday, so will try it today. I'm hoping its good!

I usually drink Tetley Extra Strong english breakfast tea every morning.

I also like governor's estate Calming Peach.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    I don't think there are many "real" tea fans that would choose Liptons. If Liptons is my only option, I go without.

Some researcher at the University of Newcastle found that the "best" way to make tea was to fill your mug with hot water, put the bag in, microwave it (can't remember how long or what power), then dunk your bag 10 times. Supposed to get the highest concentration of caffeine and nutrients. I'm of the opinion that tea should never be microwaved, and that he missed out on the crucial importance of ritual and taste. And I think most tea drinkers would be horrified at the prospect of microwaving tea. I feel like this guy copped flack for microwaving his tea and then went out of his way to find a way to justify it.
    Sounds like a fire hazard to me. Most teabags have a little metal staple on them which would spark and potentially blow up the microwave.... beware fellow tea lovers!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (24-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post

I heard a tea expert on the radio once. He said to never let the tea bag steep for 5 minutes as it makes the tea bitter (talking about black tea, not herbal). He certainly did not mention microwaving tea. That's a bit odd actually!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (24-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Tea drinkers unite!

I'm a tea lover, and I have so many favourites, it's hard to choose one and it's embarrassing the amount of teas I currently have in my home .

So it's probably easier to say what I'm drinking at the moment.

First thing in the morning I have an Assam Bold tea with milk and throughout the day I have been drinking Pukka Gingseng matcha green, chamomile, Pukka vanilla and Manuka honey and Pukka Turmeric Gold (great when you're feeling a bit off).

I've also just bought online a Queen B, no 20 Beauty Queen Tea to try.

If I'm at T2 I like the Winter blend,
    Puh Erh, french earl grey, blue mountain blend and gunpowder.

Dislike, not many I dislike, but I tend to not drink ones with too much vanilla or cinnamon in (Christmas teas). I also gag whenever I smell or have no other choice (Motels) but to drink Nerada tea.
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 24-04-2017 at 11:16.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

frankie46  (24-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't often drink tea but do enjoy a rare cup, I recently bought the twinings Morning tea and enjoying it as it's a stronger black tea. I might keep an eye out for some of these others.