+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Great thread

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    That looks amazing @Cue!

I've never had a cooking mojo lol but I will follow this thread and you never know, it may inspire me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get in the same funk, same boring easy meals. I meal plan now as dh bless his heart is a boring cook. Pies chips and gravy or eggs sausages and baked beans lol. I made beef and Guinness stew in the crock pot the other night sooooo yum. Kids don't like it but because they are boring eaters. The pot will do dh and I for 3-5 nights of meals. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
    P.s Pinterest is my best friend

Thanks
    Reviews
    We meal plan as our budget is pretty tight. We pick a new recipe from a book to try each week. We also try to do meals that 'stretch' so we get at least 2 nights from a meal. I also tend to be one of those cooks that goes "let's chuck this and that together and see how it turns out"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The2Peas For This Useful Post:

Yogis Mumma  (24-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I tend to try a new recipe each week - it's a great way of keeping you out of the same old routine.

Sometimes I get lucky and find a fantastic recipe that becomes a favourite/regular meal.

My latest interest is turkey mince - I made a great turkey chilli the other day, and I have a really nice turkey meatball recipe for the slow cooker too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Looks great @Cue!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Finding My Cooking Mojo

I try to make something new each week, even if its a slight change to something we usually have, and that's only because the kids and I get bored with the same ol, same ol and like me, they have pretty exotic taste buds.

This morning I visited our local Asian green grocer square as I want to make some soups. I bought some cuttle fish balls, fish balls, wombok, bok choy, bean sprouts, chilli, ginger, galangal, limes, dried shiitake mushrooms, egg noodles and vermicelli. I'll make some chicken stock as my base and make a few soups.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Yogis Mumma  (24-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    I try to make something new each week, even if its a slight change to something we usually have, and that's only because the kids and I get bored with the same ol, same ol and like me, they have pretty exotic taste buds.

This morning I visited our local Asian green grocer square as I want to make some soups. I bought some cuttle fish balls, fish balls, wombok, bok choy, bean sprouts, chilli, ginger, galangal, limes, dried shiitake mushrooms, egg noodles and vermicelli. I'll make some chicken stock as my base and make a few soups.
    Yum!! My kids are pretty good eaters but not overly adventurous. My DD is mortally offended by soup for some reason!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    Wow, those ingredients sound amazing hon! So cool that your girls are adventurous eaters.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    Yum!! My kids are pretty good eaters but not overly adventurous. My DD is mortally offended by soup for some reason!
    That made me LOL. My husband and son are also mortally offended by soup. haha Husband also hates pasta in any form, which is a pain in the bum considering pasta makes an easy cheap meal.

I wish I had a cooking mojo to lose in the first place...