+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Letrozole and iui/timed intercourse

Hi ladies, just wondering if anyone is going through the same thing, would love to have a bit of a support network as hubby is FIFO and is hardly ever home.
    I'm 27, 3 years ttc number 2, seeing Dr Warren at qfg. This is my first cycle with letrozole 5mg day 3 to 7 and timed intercourse as it happens hubby will be here from cd 12 to 19 this month, along with a trigger shot and pregnyl injections.
    So far the letrozole has been good to me. On cd 8 and have had barely any side effects
    Starting something new and feeling positive this month!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We must be in a similar spot. We are doing letrozole this cycle too, just 2.5mg as I have had excessive production on it previously. We don't have fifo issues just fatigue and a child who hates sleeping still (he is 8).

Letrozole mostly just upset my headaches, but I am very sensitive to them.

We are not doing a trigger shot, just ovulation tests.
    This is my stop base until ivf.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What do you mean by excessive production loveable? I thought I would get horrible headaches after taking vitex had me bedridden but nothing so far!

I know what you mean I have a 3 year old who will only sleep when he is as close to me as he was in utero 😂

We will try this with timed intercourse, next cycle will do iui then will start talking about ivf if that fails. Hopefully it works though we really can't afford ivf right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I randomly produced 6 full sized follicles, which was too many to trigger for iui. Long story. But every one is different and every cycle is different. I have had ivf cycles where I have only produced 1 follicle. Crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are in the same boat with affording ivf too, but we have found a bulk billing clinic in Brisbane, catch is I have to get under a certain BMI. So letrozole cycles it is until I reach their goal weight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've heard of the bulk billed place but thought it would be super hard to get into. Might give it a go if this doesn't work. We're you on a wait list for a long time for it?

Thats a lot of follicles!! Wow so they wouldn't trigger you? Was that because of fear of multiples? 2 days til my appointment, getting very excited!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraAnn14 View Post
    I've heard of the bulk billed place but thought it would be super hard to get into. Might give it a go if this doesn't work. We're you on a wait list for a long time for it?

Thats a lot of follicles!! Wow so they wouldn't trigger you? Was that because of fear of multiples? 2 days til my appointment, getting very excited!
    We rang and had the first GP appointment the next week, could have been sooner but needed to have care for DS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that's very interesting. Thanks for the info!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey loveable, just checking in how's your cycle going? Hope all's well! 2ww is killing me 😥

Thanks
    Reviews
    I ovulated Saturday lunch time. So just in the two week wait. I am pretty certain it was my good side and we got in a session early that morning so fingers crossed.