+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    From what I understood of Ron's story is that in the early days, back in the 70s, it really was a great organisation.
    He attributes a lot of the problems today with his son and the power trip he has gone on.

But he also says, initially, when you join, you gain a lot of help and benefit much from their advice on how to manage your life, your job, your relationships, and that goes on for a while, then they introduce all this other stuff (like aliens) and because you've benefitted from their teachings and trust them, it's not that you believe the alien story, but more so that you day oh well., look they do other good things so I'll play along.

I'm not sure at what point that is introduced @kylez83 and whether you got as far as that part. I'm sorry you lost friends, that's a bit hysterical of those people and very weak willed.

For sure the early teachings have helped a lot of people, and Ron Miscavige says had they stuck to those and not gone on with the other stuff (including cutting people off when they leave) then they might have succeeded in becoming a good force in the world.
    But he also said it was never going to end there.

I feel sorry for him.
    He's out five years and has lost all his family.
    I think he has one son who got out but two daughters and all his grandchildren (soone he hasn't met) and obviously his son, the leader, is still in there.
    He's 80 odd now.
    Not much time left to waste.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

frankie46  (23-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie46 View Post
    You guys need to watch the Leah Remini 9 part doco. The Louis one was great as was the 2007 one (I can't remember who did that) but Leah's is astounding. Lifts the lid on soooo much. I was in tears in the first episode, the stories of what they put families through is just heartbreaking.

By the time Leah started her doco, the international spokesperson for Scientology Mike Rinder had jumped ship. He was one of the closest people to David Miscaviage, and feels like he has so much making up to do for all the wrongs he caused whilst in the 'church'.
    I'd love to see it.
    Can we see that here in Australia without having Foxtel or something?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    I'd love to see it.
    Can we see that here in Australia without having Foxtel or something?
    I'm not sure! I checked iTunes but couldn't see it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kylez83 View Post
    Oh and by the way, I very rarely talk about this stuff because of the judgement and bigotry I've experienced in the past. I'm not a confrontational person, I think people are entitled to their own beliefs and experiences and that we should respect others. So this is me going out on a massive limb here talking about it as I am afraid of the judgement and abuse I've experienced in the past. I've had people who were friends with me for many years and not know of this, and when they find out they no longer want to be my friend. I haven't changed, I'm still the same person I was before they knew. I can't understand the change occurs? It's disappointing. I think this may be why people think it's a secret?
    I know this is a very controversial topic so thank you for having the courage to speak up and tell us your side of it.

If you don't mind, I'd love to know what you believe about some of the alien theories they speak of. I read a bit about it a few years ago so I don't recall the details but it seemed all very strange to me and quite fantastical. I'm curious to know if that was part of your experience with Scientology or if it was only about the things you already mentioned re relationships and approach to living your life etc.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Phony  (24-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I never heard anything about aliens. The thing which I think some people would find "extreme" and possible connect to or twist the truth to about "aliens" would be the spiritual side of past lives, that we have spirits and our spirits have lived before. But this belief is not just that of Scientology, many other religions believe it too.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kylez83 For This Useful Post:

frankie46  (24-04-2017),yadot  (24-04-2017)