+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It all seems absurd and quite funny, but when it comes to children it's disturbing and sad, denied an education and medical assistance sometimes, so weird this can happen in 2017.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sparklebug For This Useful Post:

Phony  (23-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    They approached me and a friend under the guise of an IQ test in 2000/2001. They told us we were clever but could become more enlightened if we studied their courses. I was 19 and both of us were psych students so we made an excuse and left

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MinnieMouse81 For This Useful Post:

Phony  (23-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You guys need to watch the Leah Remini 9 part doco. The Louis one was great as was the 2007 one (I can't remember who did that) but Leah's is astounding. Lifts the lid on soooo much. I was in tears in the first episode, the stories of what they put families through is just heartbreaking.

By the time Leah started her doco, the international spokesperson for Scientology Mike Rinder had jumped ship. He was one of the closest people to David Miscaviage, and feels like he has so much making up to do for all the wrongs he caused whilst in the 'church'.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to frankie46 For This Useful Post:

Phony  (23-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please no personal attacks:

Here is another view point for you to consider:

I was involved with Scientology for 5 years up to 3 years ago, I was considered VIP due to connections I had at the time so I was privy to a lot more than most. I never had any issues with the organization or the people. I really enjoyed the courses and got a lot out of them. I signed one of the so called "lifetime contacts". The organization and courses helped me really understand life and my purpose in life and it gave me direction. I moved away from the city and the organization for personal reasons not related to the organization, so I stopped my courses. I have not had any issues with "leaving the church", I have not been harassed, abused, or any of the other claims made. I still believe in a lot of the Scientology principles and still use a lot of it in my day to day life. I'm glad I had the experience and I still refer back to my courses and books when I feel the need to. I think people are judgmental of things the don't understand, which is completely understandable, but I think we shouldn't judge and comment on topics we do not have experience in.

Again please no personal attacks.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kylez83 For This Useful Post:

frankie46  (23-04-2017),Phony  (23-04-2017),skydancer  (25-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kylez83 View Post
    Please no personal attacks:

Here is another view point for you to consider:

I was involved with Scientology for 5 years up to 3 years ago, I was considered VIP due to connections I had at the time so I was privy to a lot more than most. I never had any issues with the organization or the people. I really enjoyed the courses and got a lot out of them. I signed one of the so called "lifetime contacts". The organization and courses helped me really understand life and my purpose in life and it gave me direction. I moved away from the city and the organization for personal reasons not related to the organization, so I stopped my courses. I have not had any issues with "leaving the church", I have not been harassed, abused, or any of the other claims made. I still believe in a lot of the Scientology principles and still use a lot of it in my day to day life. I'm glad I had the experience and I still refer back to my courses and books when I feel the need to. I think people are judgmental of things the don't understand, which is completely understandable, but I think we shouldn't judge and comment on topics we do not have experience in.

Again please no personal attacks.
    Im sure there are heaps of people who weren't harassed and abused, just like I believe that Leah Remini's encounters are true.
    I don't think anyone is being judgemental, we're just having a discussion, there is always interest in topics that are surrounded by secrecy.
    I'd genuinely be interested to know what is taught in the courses, if your willing to elaborate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sparklebug View Post
    Im sure there are heaps of people who weren't harassed and abused, just like I believe that Leah Remini's encounters are true.
    I don't think anyone is being judgemental, we're just having a discussion, there is always interest in topics that are surrounded by secrecy.
    I'd genuinely be interested to know what is taught in the courses, if your willing to elaborate.
    Sure. Now I'm 100% NOT pushing anything here, I'm not involved in the organization anymore, but this is the easiest way to clearly give info. I don't want to give my opinions on it as you could get something different from it to me. I think we all learn different things from the same material as we all are experiencing different things in our lives at this moment. And later on we would get something else out of the same material as we are experiencing something different in life again, does that make sense? so if you have a look at this link you can view your own options on the materials they teach http://www.scientologyhandbook.org/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also I don't really think it's surrounded by secrecy, that handbook in the post above is freely found on the internet and as people have already mentioned you can freely walk into an organization and ask genuine questions. But I do understand the confusion and not understanding the information that gets portrayed as often it's only half the story or reason or information

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and by the way, I very rarely talk about this stuff because of the judgement and bigotry I've experienced in the past. I'm not a confrontational person, I think people are entitled to their own beliefs and experiences and that we should respect others. So this is me going out on a massive limb here talking about it as I am afraid of the judgement and abuse I've experienced in the past. I've had people who were friends with me for many years and not know of this, and when they find out they no longer want to be my friend. I haven't changed, I'm still the same person I was before they knew. I can't understand the change occurs? It's disappointing. I think this may be why people think it's a secret?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kylez83 For This Useful Post:

frankie46  (23-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kylez83 quite possibly, people often feel threatened by things they don't understand, honestly with the whole Scientology thing, I don't understand why people join, I find it a very odd organisation, but that's me, I'm a little cynical, I'll have look at that link later.

I'm sorry you've lost friends due to it though, everyone is most certainly entitled to their own beliefs.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sparklebug For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (23-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kylez83 thanks so much for sharing your experience, sounds like it took a lot of courage! It's great to hear you took so many positives from it.

As I was watching Leah's documentary it was very obvious to me these were the extreme cases, the experiences of those from within the very top ranking Scientology inner circle. Even Mike Rinder himself said he still believes in a lot of the premises of Scientology - just not the way the organisation was managed.

It's great to hear of some positives

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frankie46 For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (23-04-2017),Phony  (23-04-2017)