+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Contraceptive pill - leveland

Hi
    I have 2 questions
    1. When is the best time to commence the pill? Is it best to begin first day of my
    Period?

2. Does anyone know if this pill is still effective if chewed or broken down in your mouth ?

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    There should be a leaflet with the pill that tells you when to start it and how it should be taken

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    1. When I started the pharmacist asked where in my cycle I was and advised me where to start the pills. I was able to start them immediately (pregnancy ruled out by dr).

2. I can't help with that one- probably better to ask your dr/pharmacist

Thanks
    Reviews
    1. It's best to start on the first day of your period from the corresponding day in the shaded section of the pack. This will mean you do not have to wait to take 7 active tablets before you have contraceptive cover (and it's easier to follow the days in the pack because you start at the beginning). You can choose to start at any other day in your cycle if you want though - start with an active (beige) tablet - you are not covered for contraception until you have taken 7 active tablets.
    This is all explained in the leaflet inside.
    2. The tablets are sugar coated to make it easier to swallow, it's not advised to crush or chew them. They are very small, I've never met anyone who needed to crush or chew them, but as they are not slow release or anything like that I "think" the only issue with crush/chew is a bitter taste. If someone asked me at work I would probably give the medical information section of the company who makes them a call to check.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    1. Depends on the pill but I was on Levlen ED and was told to start on Day one of my cycle and in the red zone.

2. I wouldn't only because they are tiny and I would be concerned parts that lodged in my teeth instead of being swallowed would render the pill less effective. I mean yeah eventually it may be swallowed (may because you may also brush some of it away depending on when you take it).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do I start the active pill on the first day of my period or the first
    Sugar one?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All
    I am new here, just have started the pill hoping to have an IVF cycle in mid June.
    Today is the day 4 of my period, I've started with an active pill (no sugar) in my day one. My period is ridiculously abundant with no signs to reduce at all, never have an abundant -heavy-long period like this before. I am really worried thinking something is going wrong that may can affect my IVF cycle. First appointment with the nurses in the IVF clinic is not due to the 9 June. I don't know if I should visit my GP or if is normal. If somebody there could help me with your experience would be great