I have 2 questions
1. When is the best time to commence the pill? Is it best to begin first day of my
2. Does anyone know if this pill is still effective if chewed or broken down in your mouth ?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
21-04-2017 16:42 #1Senior Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2009
Contraceptive pill - leveland
21-04-2017 16:51 #2
There should be a leaflet with the pill that tells you when to start it and how it should be taken
22-04-2017 17:21 #3
1. When I started the pharmacist asked where in my cycle I was and advised me where to start the pills. I was able to start them immediately (pregnancy ruled out by dr).
2. I can't help with that one- probably better to ask your dr/pharmacist
22-04-2017 18:34 #4
1. It's best to start on the first day of your period from the corresponding day in the shaded section of the pack. This will mean you do not have to wait to take 7 active tablets before you have contraceptive cover (and it's easier to follow the days in the pack because you start at the beginning). You can choose to start at any other day in your cycle if you want though - start with an active (beige) tablet - you are not covered for contraception until you have taken 7 active tablets.
This is all explained in the leaflet inside.
2. The tablets are sugar coated to make it easier to swallow, it's not advised to crush or chew them. They are very small, I've never met anyone who needed to crush or chew them, but as they are not slow release or anything like that I "think" the only issue with crush/chew is a bitter taste. If someone asked me at work I would probably give the medical information section of the company who makes them a call to check.
22-04-2017 19:52 #5
1. Depends on the pill but I was on Levlen ED and was told to start on Day one of my cycle and in the red zone.
2. I wouldn't only because they are tiny and I would be concerned parts that lodged in my teeth instead of being swallowed would render the pill less effective. I mean yeah eventually it may be swallowed (may because you may also brush some of it away depending on when you take it).
By Ange&Seth in forum Conception issues & ttcReplies: 1Last Post: 06-09-2008, 10:03
By Miss_N in forum Contraception issuesReplies: 3Last Post: 06-07-2008, 17:41
By k2ma in forum Conception issues & ttcReplies: 4Last Post: 25-03-2008, 18:57
By Bewitched in forum BeautyReplies: 10Last Post: 19-12-2007, 06:56
By Rockett in forum BeautyReplies: 19Last Post: 27-07-2006, 15:20
ProSwimProSwim runs learn to swim classes for babies, children and adults. Our indoor centre in Plympton Park has lessons all ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
IVF Babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017 #2pregnancy and babies through IVF
How long did it take you to conceive?Conception & Fertility General Chat
Egg Donation in Greece #5Egg Donation
I am... #20General Chat
Wdyt- creepy postieGeneral Chat
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
IVF/FET April & May chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Vegetarian recipes for those with low ironRecipes & Lunchbox Ideas