+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DaniL View Post
    That's exciting news 😃. Why do you have a cooling off period? Or is that a condition where you are?
    As for me I had my first IUI yesterday and am currently in the TWW which is going to kill me. 🤞🏼 And baby dust to you.
    Thank you!! The cooling off period is just a compulsory part of the process for everyone. Was lucky enough to grab a counselling appointment in the next couple weeks which will kick off the six months so everything's moving along a lot quicker than I thought.
    Woohoo! Longest two weeks of you're life I'm betting haha. How did it all go? Such an exciting time 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamzy View Post
    Thank you!! The cooling off period is just a compulsory part of the process for everyone. Was lucky enough to grab a counselling appointment in the next couple weeks which will kick off the six months so everything's moving along a lot quicker than I thought.
    Woohoo! Longest two weeks of you're life I'm betting haha. How did it all go? Such an exciting time 😀
    Thought it may have been. Each state is different with there rules which is stupid. Good thing you have access to Donors and don't have to wait for them. Hopefully the wait will fly by for you. I'm sure it will be. I'm only on day 2 post IUI and already want it to be over hahaha. Procedure went all good. It literally takes like 10 mins. Although our chosen Donor sperm didn't thaw as well as they would have liked with a lower sperm count. So fingers crossed we get extra lucky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have finished our 6months waiting period in WA, currently wanting to know iui success rates as we have the choice of buying 10vials of international donor sperm, or bet our chances a buy 2 round of local sperm. I am healthy and no fertility issues. Eek! Too tricky

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just booked in for my first round of IUDI with an international donor. First blood tests and scan on 5/6! I'm so excited to get started and really hope it works first go.
    Good luck everyone

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lnmnd1118 For This Useful Post:

dani251  (27-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Has anyone had success on First or Second Cycle of Donor IUI?

Quote Originally Posted by erinash View Post
    We have finished our 6months waiting period in WA, currently wanting to know iui success rates as we have the choice of buying 10vials of international donor sperm, or bet our chances a buy 2 round of local sperm. I am healthy and no fertility issues. Eek! Too tricky
    That is tricky. We bought 8 and that's turned out to be too much, but two would not have done us past the first try...
    I can't remember exactly but I think it's around 20 per cent success rate for iui. Although I got pregnant with no fertility issues other than low AMH both times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lnmnd1118 View Post
    I've just booked in for my first round of IUDI with an international donor. First blood tests and scan on 5/6! I'm so excited to get started and really hope it works first go.
    Good luck everyone
    How exciting and fingers crossed 🤞🏼 Baby dust comes your way first try. I'm currently Day 7 post my first IUI. This TWW is a killer.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DaniL For This Useful Post:

lnmnd1118  (27-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by erinash View Post
    It's really tough. I am in Melbourne and we have access to local donors only. We are only allowed to have 2 attempts at IUI before having to move onto IVF.
    Is it cheaper buying the bulk from overseas? And if you don't use it are you able to store it here if you want other children?

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can buy it overseas and store at your clinic

Thanks
    Reviews
    @erinash & @Tamzy...
    Fellow Perth girl here! Both your posts have given me hope! I've got my GP appt this weekend to get my referral to the fertility clinic and I'm not sure who to go with.

As a single woman, I need donor sperm with IUI, so options are limited because not all clinics offer sperm - concept have 18mth wait for sperm, and fertility north told me international sperm would be the go but it's so expensive!

Which clinics are you both at?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Missblanks View Post
    @erinash & @Tamzy...
    Fellow Perth girl here! Both your posts have given me hope! I've got my GP appt this weekend to get my referral to the fertility clinic and I'm not sure who to go with.

As a single woman, I need donor sperm with IUI, so options are limited because not all clinics offer sperm - concept have 18mth wait for sperm, and fertility north told me international sperm would be the go but it's so expensive!

Which clinics are you both at?
    Hi miss blanks

We are at fertility north, originally planned to do iui, were given international donors. Kinda felt they were more so forced upon us, without seeing any local donors (which turns out to be cheaper) however we now have to do ivf so that changes everything. I thought their communication has been poor, but maybe I have high expectations? Haha! Hope this helps