+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm using a nsw based clinic and had to wait about 12 months. If I had my time again I'd go on the list for a couple of clinics, so if you're not happy with the donors or the behaviour of the clinic you can move without penalty. It does cost a few hundred dollars for each waiting list though- so if money is tight it might not be an option.

I had some troubles with my clinic that got to the point that I had to make a formal complaint to their medical director. It was all fixed very quickly after that, but ideally it just shouldn't get to that stage. If I'd been on multiple waiting lists I possibly would have moved.

In other news my period arrived today so no luck this time. I've found that period pain is much worse than usual after the hormones and coming off them has left me a bit weepy... nothing a day on the couch and some chocolate can't fix .

At the age of 39 you might want to consider going straight to ivf rather than iui first- your fertility reduces after 40, so it might end up being better to go straight to the big guns so to speak. It's a lot more expensive though- and of course will depend on your medical advice.

Good luck ladies, I'm holding positive thoughts for all of you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tamzy- I don't reside in nsw- I managed my cycle by having disgnostic tests and blood tests done locally through a pathology collection place and an ultrasound place and travelling for the iui procedure itself. I consulted with my fertility dr via Skype and phone, and the clinic was able to email prescription instructions to my local gp for the medications.
    It probably cost a couple of hundred dollars extra in pathology fees per cycle, but that was much cheaper than temporarily moving or travelling for every appointment.
    There's no harm in calling around a few clinics to see what they can manage for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tamzy, I'm not sure how it would work with appointments or whether you would be better to move states for a period of time. I can't see why they wouldn't be able to just do your appointments and tests in your state and just come over for procedure days. I know on the Monash IVF site every weekday you can chat free to a nurse between 10.30-11.30. They would be able to give you all the information and how to go about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much everyone!! Have booked in with my local fertility clinic to get some more info and will go from there

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting All the best with it all and hopefully don't have to wait to long

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,
    We are two mums to an amazing three-month old conceived through IUI. He was my second try - I also got pregnant on the first try but sadly we lost the pregnancy early. Happy to answer any questions and wishing you all the luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dani251, Congratulations on your little bub. Just a quick question, Was your cycle medicated or did you have a natural cycle?

We are just waiting for AF to arrive so we can start our cycle. I have no medical issues and we are having a completely natural cycle. I'm just worried this is going to limit our chances this time because most people i have spoken to that have had success also had medications
    Last edited by DaniL; 28-04-2017 at 10:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi DaniL,
    Exciting time for you! I had a small dose of puregon - the smallest they can give - as j have a low egg count. It may or may not have been a help but for me it was the right option.
    With no fertility issues you have a much higher chance of success than the rest of the population! Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If anyone is interested I had my initial appointment with the fertility GP at my clinic yesterday. My partner and I have to attend a counselling session and then have a six month cooling off wait (plus blood tests and a HSG for me) and then we're pretty much good to go! They have plenty of sperm both from America and locally so no wait times on that. Super exciting! I do have PCOS which might throw a spanner into the works but she said the fertility medication should counteract any problems from that and the chance of falling pregnant is slightly higher than if I was just having sex. Hope you all have good news on the horizon too

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamzy For This Useful Post:

dani251  (20-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamzy View Post
    If anyone is interested I had my initial appointment with the fertility GP at my clinic yesterday. My partner and I have to attend a counselling session and then have a six month cooling off wait (plus blood tests and a HSG for me) and then we're pretty much good to go! They have plenty of sperm both from America and locally so no wait times on that. Super exciting! I do have PCOS which might throw a spanner into the works but she said the fertility medication should counteract any problems from that and the chance of falling pregnant is slightly higher than if I was just having sex. Hope you all have good news on the horizon too
    That's exciting news 😃. Why do you have a cooling off period? Or is that a condition where you are?
    As for me I had my first IUI yesterday and am currently in the TWW which is going to kill me. 🤞🏼 And baby dust to you.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DaniL For This Useful Post:

lnmnd1118  (22-05-2017)