+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Uni hols were a factor. I wanted to schedule our wedding on the Saturday before mid-semester break. But then I stuffed up when I was booking 18 months in advance and ended up scheduling it a week early 😅

We were initially thinking Feb which would have been 2 years after we were engaged but I didnt want to wait that long so scheduled for September the year before (about 19 months after engagement)

While our Sept wedding worked where we lived then, if we got married where we live now I'd choose either March, Oct, Nov - I wanted the weather to be not tok cold and not too hot

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We wanted to get married in winter (Brisbane) because we don't like the heat and the thought of being so dressed up in summer was awful.

My SIL also had to come from London with her family so it was easier for them to come during their summer break. I also doubt the kids would cope with a Brisbane summer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the response, I guess will probably end up taking into consideration VIPs preferred dates and just pick one weekend :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    We had a destination wedding in The Whitsundays so we got married on 3rd January so everybody was off work over Christmas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We chose November because it gave us about a year to plan, it wasn't as popular as September/October (those months can be a bit windy in NSW anyway) and it would be warm but not really hot like summer.

My favourite time of year for weather is now - I would have liked an April wedding but the time frame didn't suit.

We chose the date based on it being easy to remember!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had planned a September wedding but both got made redundant so decided to pull it a bit sooner. Asked the place what dates were available in July and then it just so happened, one of the Saturdays was the same date as the date DH proposed the year prior (14th) so we picked that date and got married on the 12 month anniversary of getting engaged.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A few factors:
    1. At least a year to plan
    2. Not an end of quarter so I could take the time off
    3. Not too hot (Qld)
    4. Both the venue and photographer we wanted were available

Nothing romantic at all, just practical

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got together on November 13. We were together 7yrs when DH proposed. We were going to get married November 13 but it was a friday & i wasnt sure about getting married on Friday the 13th lol so we did it on the 14th, 7yrs & 1 after we started going out. Plus i wanted a spring wedding 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    For us, the venue of the reception dictated our date. I'm a teacher and wanted an April wedding due to school hols, away from my bday and the last of nice weather but no dates available. Next date was Feb but I said no to bring married during the school term so it got pushed to Jan 24.

Ended up being a long weekend for Aus day. I love the date but it's a week before my bday and then Valentine's Day is 2 weeks after that!

Once we had reception venue booked, everything else got booked. I was planning nearly a year out but amazing how booked things get! I never got the cars I wanted. You'll probably have better luck with planning a winter wedding

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are both teachers and wanted a decent honeymoon. Therefore we got married very early in January. Fortunately the weather was kind - was 28 degrees (could have been 36).