+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 5 days late. Negative HPT

Hi guys

So the topic basically says it all. I'm 5 days late no signs of AF just a little bit of cramping on and off but not like period cramps normally are they are less painful. I have done 3 HPT all negative. Since yesterday is feels like AF is here but when I go to the bathroom it's just wet CM (sorry tmi). I have a regular cycle . This is so confusing....

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're regular... until you're not. It's common for even regular ladies to differ slightly from their norm at times. Are you doing any form of tracking to pin down when you ovulate? You likely ovulated later in your cycle than normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't use opk's I just use an app that gives me an idea when my fertile window is and I normally get ovulation cramps which I had this month. I was thinking I'll wait a few days and see if something happens if not I'll test again or go to the doctor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Most women will have an anovulatory cycle about once a year. Sometimes you get a break through bleed which could be early or late and then you go into your next cycle making things rather unpredictable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The apps without data just give you an average based on a 'typical' woman who ovulates on day 14 and has a 28 day cycle. Without pinning down when you ovulate with OPKs or temping, you risk not hitting your fertile window. For instance, I have a 28 day cycle but don't ovulate until CD18/19 and I never would have known that without some type of tracking.

It makes it a lot easier to not get confused about my period being 'late' because if I ovulate later that cycle I know my period will still be another 11 days and therefore I can expect a longer cycle. It's something to think about if you're getting stressed out about your period not arriving when the app predicts.