+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnancy loss support

My wife and I have just lost our third pregnancy in as many years. After having 2 beautiful boys who are now 6 and 4 we decided to add a third to our family. After ttc for a few months she was utd. 8 weeks in she miscarried. Over a year later she was pregnant again only to find out it was ectopic and lost a falopian tube. After many attempts using cycle tracking we got pregnant again in January 2017. At 15 weeks the baby tested positive for triploidy and a surgical termination was scheduled, however, she miscarried into her own hands the day before. Needless to say she, I and we are devastated. We've been to some grief counseling but it was pretty hopeless. Does anyone know of any support out there to help us through this period of loss, grief and anger? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry for what your wife and you have endured. I found SANDS really helpful. Counsellors there have been through what you have been through so fully understand. If you went to a regular grief counsellor, they may not understand fully. Also my gp kept getting notes from my OB after I miscarried and she called me after my 3rd one to say there was a local support group and she put me in touch with them. Maybe your GP may also be able to point you in the direction of the right support groups.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree SANDS is fantastic. All of the counsellors have personal experience with the loss of a baby including medically necessary termination and you can even talk to a male if that would help you/ Our son was stillborn at 23 weeks due to a severe cardiac defect and I used SANDS as well as a private psychiatrist I was already seeing.

Bears of Hope also have some great resources so it might be worth checking out their website.

They didn't fix things and I spent many hours crying and struggled significantly for the first few months.

The one thing I can promise is that while the pain will never disappear it does get better. It's been 15 months since we lost Harry and while we still have bad days we also have days where we can talk about it without being overwhelmed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm really sorry @sgcamp, that's terribly sad. I don't have advice but wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the responses. Hadn't contacted SANDS before but will give them a call. Most appreciated everyone.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sgcamp For This Useful Post:

mummymaybe  (21-04-2017)