ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I guess now I'll run down to the local shops in trackies and no makeup, whereas I never would have done that before. I still wash and curl my hair most days and wear make up.

I am completely hopeless with exercise and wish I could get the motivation to go back to my pole dancing classes! But I started getting lazy with that before I got pregnant, so can't blame the baby

I'm 4kgs heavier than when I got pregnant (that's a fair bit when you're as little as me). I still don't weigh much because that's just my body shape but I am struggling - I don't fit into many of my old clothes properly and I just can't stop shovelling junk food in my mouth. I'm not gaining weight and everyone keeps saying "oh you've done really well since your baby is only 4 months old" but I know that's rubbish because I haven't lost any weight since 2 weeks after I had her
    If I'm really honest, I really want to get back into my old clothes but I'm scared to start really watching what I eat because I had an eating disorder for many years. I know the sorts of things that trigger it for me and I'm worried it'll happen again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    To my own standards, yes. I wouldnt go as far to say im a walking slob. Its more the little things. Legs arent always hair free, make up only on kindy drop off days, trackies to the supermarket. The last 3 days have been home days so no bra, same trackies for 3 days straight, hair feels like a birds nest, wet clothes have been in the washer for 2 days....rewashed twice, lol.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinkers For This Useful Post:

TandR  (19-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default have you let yourself go (since having a baby)?

If i were a controversial poster-

No.
    You people disgust me.
    Your poor husbands.

Or:

I take offence at the term women "let themselves go". Why should women have to shave/put on make up etc?
    My husband is now fat and bald, but you don't hear men discussing how they've let themselves go! We need to support each other.

5. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (19-04-2017),babyno1onboard  (19-04-2017),BH-KatiesMum  (20-04-2017),binnielici  (19-04-2017),cheeeeesecake  (19-04-2017),delirium  (19-04-2017),GirlsRock  (19-04-2017),HeavenBlue  (20-04-2017),Lanabananah  (19-04-2017),michellead  (20-04-2017),Mod-Wise Enough  (19-04-2017),Mokeybear  (19-04-2017),SookiLala  (23-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nope.

I've never been one to care much about how I look. I actually think that's a good thing. I'm probably more interested in clothes/hair etc. now than I ever was when I was younger, not that I dress up often.

I've never intentionally exercised, but I'd be a lot more active these days than I used to be.

As for sex...I'm struggling to see what this has to do with 'letting yourself go'! Our sex life is better than ever. I think as we've gotten older, we've gotten better at figuring out what works for each of us and at having more empathy for each other.

ETA: And hairy legs? HAH. Same as I've always been. I'll shave if I feel like it, but that's anywhere from once every couple of weeks to once every few months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes yes I have. I'm 4 kg heavier than when I got pregnant (I'm small and used to be super fit so it's quite noticeable) and don't have the energy / motivation to do my hair etc. I also CBF going clothes shopping with a baby in tow so don't or otherwise I'll grab something quickly without trying it on and half the time it looks stupid on me.
    BUT
    I'm getting married in 8 weeks and about 8 weeks ago I saw a photo of myself and was in shock. I didn't recognise myself, I wasn't the me I wanted to be. So I started working out and 'dieting' (first time I've dieted in my life!). I've only lost 1 kg so far but I'm much more toned and fitter. I'm also putting DD in daycare an extra this week when I'm not working and going to get a massage and botox. Even if I look the same to everyone else i will feel better about myself and maybe it will help kick my labito which has been lacking lately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default have you let yourself go (since having a baby)?

Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post

As for sex...I'm struggling to see what this has to do with 'letting yourself go'! Our sex life is better than ever. I think as we've gotten older, we've gotten better at figuring out what works for each of us and at having more empathy for each other.
    For me it does play a role.
    If I don't feel "sexy" I'm less inclined to be in the mood.
    And I know it does negatively effect my husband as if I've got hairy legs/trackie pants on it's less likely to put him in the mood too as opposed to a sexy outfit. And it makes him sad I'm not putting in an effort to please him. Not that he's ever out and out said that, but yeah, when I let myself go it really has a negative impact on our sex life.

ETA: and if I haven't showered that day I don't dh near me in case I smell lol
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 19-04-2017 at 20:21.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

JR03  (20-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes and no. Pre DS1 I was 65kg post I went down to 56kg (messy divorce and dv). Took me 5 yrs to get back to 65kg. I was fit as a fiddle and could at a 3 pack in my abdomin. Then ds2 came along, a lot of issues with the pregnancy which saw me having to cease all exercise except at work walking around. Bed Ridden from end of 32+3 wks. Basically I sat on my butt. Today 9.5months later I still weigh 70kgs down from 82kgs when he was born via cs at 37+2. My recovery has been crap and this child is sooooo much more work then my first leaving me no energy for myself. I have rejoined the gym but for the last month I haven't been. Lapo surgery gone wrong which has seen me with a stent from my kidney to my bladder and I'm not allowed to go to the gym. Light walking only. I also love my food sooo much and I don't have stress to help take the weight away. I think when I'm back at work mid June the weight will slowly subside off me again

My hair lives in a pony tail and I rarely have make up unless I want to go out for lunch which rarely happens.

S@x what is that lmao. That's an effort and dp would agree. He drives around 4 hours a day to different job sites with his employees. We go to bed put our heads on the pillow and are sleeping within minutes until the tornado wakes up a few hours later

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the moment, with DD at 9 weeks it is an unequivocal yes. I'm exhausted. DD screams most of the day, and DS hates the noise so he screams a lot too, and I am lucky to even get a chance to go to the loo. I shower in the evening once DH is home. I generally try to make sure my hair is semi-presentable in the mornings. I usually straighten it, but since it is humid and the post partum hair loss has already started I'm not doing it daily any more. And quite frankly I can put on a full face of make up in less than half the time it takes me to do something simple with my hair. My clothes are limited because I still have 4kg left to lose (I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but I only put on 11kg, and I was only 48kg pre-pregnancy, so it is actually quite a bit), and I can't wear what I would have normally worn pre-kids, because it is too dressy for everyday wear up here, and too expensive for kids to put their dirty hands on or puke on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    For me it does play a role.
    If I don't feel "sexy" I'm less inclined to be in the mood.
    And I know it does negatively effect my husband as if I've got hairy legs/trackie pants on it's less likely to put him in the mood too as opposed to a sexy outfit. And it makes him sad I'm not putting in an effort to please him. Not that he's ever out and out said that, but yeah, when I let myself go it really has a negative impact on our sex life.

ETA: and if I haven't showered that day I don't dh near me in case I smell lol
    Same here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know so much if it was having children that has caused the decline in my efforts towards my appearance, or the fact that I went from living in the trendy inner-city to living in a bogan town where it was commonplace to wear PJs to the shops..?

I never lowered my standards that far, but I certainly relaxed a lot more over time and don't put in nearly as much effort as I used to. DH doesn't seem to mind though and tells me I'm sexy all the time...but he does need new glasses 😅