+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have let myself go in so much as my standards pre-kids/ working full time in a corporate bubble were super high.

Weight is not much different and I love to workout but I no longer paint my fingernails every Sunday night or have my hair coloured every 4 weeks. I have donated my nine inch designer heels and wear a sensible heel to work now (yep supersoft diana ferarri).

I buy special lingere and crack that out occassionally. Would love more time and energy for intimacy with DH and he definitely feels the same!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    yes i haven't bothered with high heels for ages. i do still get my hair done every 6-8 weeks but am pretty lax with painting my nails. let's get shaved if they're going to be seen. otherwise i'm a stubblehead. not proud of it but i usually cbf shaving my legs every day/every other day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    I don't think either of you look daggy, you just look like you're wearing jeans and a shirt. To me that is "put together" enough for the park, shops, playgroup etc, geeze do I have super low standards or something??
    Thanks but did you read the part of my post about the vomit?

I think the jeans and baggy shirt combination looks a lot more frumpy on me IRL than that photo shows, particularly paired with my post-natal hair loss/top knot and no makeup. There have even been days since having baby #3 where I have forgotten to take a shower. Not proud to admit it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I will admit it takes me about 12 months after the birth of a baby to put myself back on the priority list at all. I am a total frump for that full year. Three kids here, and it was like that for each one.

Now my youngest is 17 months and i feel 'me' returning. The weight has shifted, which means i feel more confident and happy going clothes shopping and i actually have things in my wardrobe that i like now (rather than maternity wear that i was still wearing just 6 months ago!).

Im also being woken less through the night and my younger two are (slightly) less clingy to me... so i have more energy and space to at least shower every morning and attempt some make up.

I am breastfeeding less and this seems to correlate with my libido increasing. I actually like sex again now. This is probably also tied to the fact that i have dropped the extra weight and generally feel better and more confident about myself.

Next on my agenda is finding the time to fit exercise in. Havent quite reached that point yet, but i will.