+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default have you let yourself go (since having a baby)?

i know i have, relatively speaking. i still wash my hair and put my face on before going to work, but i'm much slacker and relaxed about say, going up the shops or running errands and will go bare faced and with hair only marginally presentable. dry shampoo and i are good friends

i'm terms of exercise, i've always been pretty useless. i was good for a while in the year leading up to our wedding but ever since, nah no motivation. my baby body features a pudgy tummy that although i don't love, i possess too little motivation to fix.

i feel like i should make more effort with sex too but we are so often tired and not in the mood that it's hard.

so yeah, i've probably let myself go a bit

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (19-04-2017),Little Miss Sunshine  (19-04-2017),smallpotatoes  (19-04-2017),Wise Enough  (19-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd have to agree with all of this. I used to have so much more motivation to eat better and exercise. Can't be bothered these days and now I'm 10kg heavier 😶

Thanks
    Reviews

Default have you let yourself go (since having a baby)?

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    i know i have, relatively speaking. i still wash my hair and put my face on before going to work, but i'm much slacker and relaxed about say, going up the shops or running errands and will go bare faced and with hair only marginally presentable. dry shampoo and i are good friends

i'm terms of exercise, i've always been pretty useless. i was good for a while in the year leading up to our wedding but ever since, nah no motivation. my baby body features a pudgy tummy that although i don't love, i possess too little motivation to fix.

i feel like i should make more effort with sex too but we are so often tired and not in the mood that it's hard.

so yeah, i've probably let myself go a bit
    Does it count if I am like this (and worse) and haven't even had a baby yet?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    i think my pre bub weight was 63 or 66kg. currently 68 or 69kg. it's not a numbers game for me but rather a far distribution issue. plus i blame the cs for destroying my abdominal muscles. i also genuinely feel like my core strength is zero, which actually does worry me. but otherwise, yeah nah, easier to gorge on chocky bickies on the couch and drink red wine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Kind of. I'm about 15kg heavier than before my first child, although I was underweight then. But my metabolism genuinely has changed, particularly since my 2nd child. I also have a bit of an apron after 3 c/s. But I think I'm happier now. I was the career woman that everyone expected me to be, but I wanted to be at home with kids.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Yes and no. My hair's always done but I only wash it once a week and I always use some makeup but ditched eye shadow after ds was born. But I don't exercise any more - I used to dance and I rarely buy new clothes and never dress up. I've mostly given up on taking vitamins but I do have a pretty good diet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, I'm not proud to say that I've let myself go big time. I always took pride in my appearance, hair, makeup and clothes were always perfect but now that I'm over weight, my hair is rarely done, Clothes obviously now suit my larger body and I just feel like cr4p. I get back into trying to lose weight, dress nicer and get my hair looking great but let it slide again after awhile.
    I miss my skippy corset wearing days where everything in the bedroom was amazing now I'm embarrassed to get naked these days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah, I did for the first couple of years. I remember living in very casual 'loungewear' for a while!

I make a little more effort now. I go to the hairdresser regularly and put more thought into my outfits.

I would also like to be trimmer. I've been eating sensibly for the last 6-8 weeks and have lost a little weight, it's just the exercise I need to put much more effort into.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was thinking about this today when I caught up with my sis at the park and I said I had to wear pants today because I haven't had a wax in 6 weeks 😳 It's mostly the fact I can't even be bothered to send a text and organise the appointment. I get my hair foiled often enough but don't see the point as it's always up and yes dry shampoo is my best friend. I don't wear makeup, I try and remember to put tinted moisturiser on cause it has sunscreen in it. And when I have a tiny bit of energy left I'll dye my eyelashes and eyebrows. I get spurts of motivation to put effort in to what I'm wearing but mostly I'm struggling a lot to lose the weight about 3rd bub so not even interested in clothes lately. Anyway I guess I'm the most relaxed I've been ever with my appearance and I'm really starting not to care not sure if that's a bad thing or not.?!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oddly enough I'm more confident since having a baby! My weight remained relatively the same, but I don't know...being a mum just made me feel so much more like 'me'! I'm pretty casual though. I get my hair done every 4-6 months (basic foils), wear BB cream, basic eyeshadow and mascara every day and hair is either up or out & straightened. I do love fashion but keep it simple - jeans & knits, shorts & a striped tee. I love to exercise but also love chocolate and cake and have no desire to change that