ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When my eldest was a baby we lived in a 4 bedroom house and only used 1 bedroom. As long as your bedroom and living space are a decent size you should be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd stay. We didnt use our second bedroom in our tiny 2 bed apartment when DD was born. The cot was moved into our room. They dont need much space, especially when they arent mobile!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I lived in a one bedroom place with three kids for 6 months. We bedshared and co-slept. It can work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Totally doable!
    My friend lives in Sydney CBD in a one bedroom apartment. It teeny tiny but lovely.
    Her bub is about 10 months now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definitely doable! We're in a pretty big one bedder with our DD who is one tomorrow. DP and I said we'd stay for a year after the baby was born. But we're extending that to save for our own unit rather than rent a 2 bedder.

DD has a mini crib on wheels which has been an amazing. We've just rearranged our bedroom and where her cot currently sits now has enough space to get her a bigger cot.

We have an IKEA wardrobe for her things that sits next to our built in wardrobe. I only put her current size in it and keep smaller/bigger things in space bags.

She has a great size play space in the living room. Although her toys were to be limited, she already has more than I'd like her to.

We saved on space by not getting a change table. Instead we used our laundry sink, made a wooden bench to slot over the top of it with a cut out for the washing machine hose, and placed a change mat on top. Got suction baskets to put her nappies/creams on the wall beside it. It has worked so well because there aren't smelly nappies in our rooms and there have been a few changing incidents/explosions that I was thankful for it to go all over tiles not carpet!

We love where we are that this just feels normal for us. We are so close to the city, public transport, shops, beautiful parks. I don't want to give that up yet for the sake of another bedroom.

I do second the suggestion of a comfy couch though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am currently living in a pretty small two bedroom apartment with my two boys, one is 6 and the other is almost 8 months. If you follow SIDS safe sleeping guidelines bub will be in with you until at least 12 months anyway so you don't need more than 1 bedroom. So far its working fine for us, babies don't need a whole lot of space and we spend a fair bit of time out and about anyway. I'd say it is totally doable and I would stay put if you are happy where you are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for all of the encouraging responses - it is reassuring to know we can probably make this work.

The comfy couch is no problem - I have to drag DH to bed most nights or he would happily stay on the couch all night.

We will have to be a bit creative with storage (your laundry change table idea is great @TandR), but I'm sure we will figure it out somehow.

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    We never actually got a change table. We used the bed most of the time. Depends on how low your bed is though and how your back is.