+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a membership to a 24/7 gym so I shouldn't have any excuses about finding a suitable time - but I have slacked off for the past 3 months.

Since going downhill in the lead up to Easter with food and exercise, I have been tracking what I eat for the past 3 days and will start back at the gym this weekend - I aim for 3-4 sessions a week. I also want to get back into walking as I miss that.

About 18 months ago, I was part of a crossfit gym and it was brilliant in terms of being pushed and getting results, but I just cannot commit to set times - kids, hubby, work and life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use the gym with creche twice a week, mainly cardio. I walk the dog 1-2 times a week and walk DD to park or shops as much as possible.

Of course I only achieve this when kids are not sick (excludes us from the gym creche) and if weather is ok for walking.

I have always done an additional 1-2 hours of yoga at home a week, but with DD dropping her day sleep last month that is pretty much impossible.

There are many weeks when I feel nothing but utter frustration at not being able to exercise properly. I have not been able to use the gym this week (DD has a bad head cold for 6 days) so I try to walk as much as possible and readjust my expectations. My body is aching for a decent run and yoga session...but for now it is snotty noses, cuddles and neighbourhood walks.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What's your exercise routine?

From the start of the year up until the week before Easter I did BBG. I would schedule it in when I planned my upcoming week on a Sunday. It got a bit chaotic that way though, and started to feel a bit like a chore. I've taken a break over Easter / school holidays (although I have still walked for up to an hour 3x a week and been active doing stuff around the house) but when I get back into it i'm going to try and schedule it in at the same time each week - probably 2x arvos before school pick up and one evening in front of something on Netflix. I'm also going to add the treadmill for 20-30 mins beforehand as I've really been missing cardio. I'm looking forward to having that routine - I think knowing that on certain days it's just part of my routine will help massively...as will the fact that we've put a TV in the same room as the treadmill

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinklise View Post
    I have been doing F45 for 3 months now & I love it!!
    F45 is my dream, I'd absolutely love to do it but I just can't afford the $55 a week for the membership whhhyyyy is it soooo expensive??? Wahhhh

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have just bought a home gym so hubby and I exercise when the kids go to bed at 7pm. We walk the kids to the park most afternoons and then come home eat dinner, baths put them to bed then get into the garage for an hour. It's hard work to fit in around kids but this way is really good as we don't have to pay for crèche and the kids are safe in bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've been sick lately and now that daylight savings has ended my routine has had to change.

But, netball once a week on a weeknight. This is my favourite form of exercise

2-3 running sessions. I was getting some in before/after work but now I'm going to do 2 on a weekend and then go to the gym in my lunchbreak once a week for 30 mins to run

I'm also going to start doing some more squats, etc on the days I dont run/netball. Just after the kids are in bed and not for long.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What's your exercise routine?

My exercise routine at the moment is going to a crossfit class 5 times a week and I do it at 6am - I feed my baby before I leave home and he falls back asleep, then when I come home I quickly shower and then he wakes up and I feed him again. That's how I manage to squeeze it in. My older kids are usually getting up just as I get home from gym and then after I fed baby I make the boys breakfast.

None of that is practical for you because if you can't fit 30 mins a day for BBG I don't know how you could manage a 1 hour lesson + travel time..

I'm surprised you wouldn't just stick with BBG especially if you have seen results with it. You can do it anywhere at any time and it's only 28 minutes isn't it? I haven't done it for a couple of years so I can't remember the details.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    My exercise routine at the moment is going to a crossfit class 5 times a week and I do it at 6am - I feed my baby before I leave home and he falls back asleep, then when I come home I quickly shower and then he wakes up and I feed him again. That's how I manage to squeeze it in. My older kids are usually getting up just as I get home from gym and then after I fed baby I make the boys breakfast.

None of that is practical for you because if you can't fit 30 mins a day for BBG I don't know how you could manage a 1 hour lesson + travel time..

I'm surprised you wouldn't just stick with BBG especially if you have seen results with it. You can do it anywhere at any time and it's only 28 minutes isn't it? I haven't done it for a couple of years so I can't remember the details.
    CF 5 mornings a week? Ahhh this is my dream... when DF finally finds a local job that will be me

9. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (22-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I'm going to stick to BBG just figuring out a routine that suits. I agree with scheduling it in, as if it were an appointment to ensure it gets done. I was just curious as to when people fit it in... morning/night etc. gym isn't an option for me, but I'm happy working out at home..

I have recently have a change of job and lifestyle. The only scheduled time a slot I have is a yoga class once a week for an hour and a half. Just tossing up whether to get up at and exercise at 5am or do it at 8.30 at night.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarylee For This Useful Post:

frankie46  (22-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could you do a combination of both? Two mornings a week and one evening? I'm planning on mixing it up so it doesn't become a 'chore'. I work 9am - 1pm so I'm planning on doing it when I get home from work at 1:30pm on Mondays and Fridays, and at 7:30pm after DD goes to bed on Wednesdays